Amp options for Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 ohm
Dec 23, 2013 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dragoon48

New Head-Fier
Hello need some advice on a amplifier for my new headphones i currently have a soundblaster z however the amplifier on it appears to not be working as it sounds exactly the same from the front and back headphone ports as well as the rear speaker out.
So as i have very little experience with headphone amps what would you all recommend for a separate add on amp or purchasing a sandblaster ZX for the much better amp? thank you all for the help.

Dec 23, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #2 of 3
  Hello need some advice on a amplifier for my new headphones I currently have a Sound Blaster Z however the amplifier on it appears to not be working as it sounds exactly the same from the front and back headphone ports as well as the rear speaker out.
So as i have very little experience with headphone amps what would you all recommend for a separate add on amp or purchasing a sandblaster Zx for the much better amp? thank you all for the help.

The Sound Blaster Z and Zx use the same headphone amplifier chip.
I'm making a wild guess something is wrong with the SB-Z.
Did you disable the motherboard's on-board audio? in the BIOS.
Might try deleting then reinstalling the SB-Z's software and drivers and then getting updates from Creative's website.

Guess you could get a Schiit Magni headphone amplifier, $99, it should work fine with the "Front Speaker" jack on the back of the SB-Z, but I'm guess you will get basic stereo audio, no surround sound.
The Magni might also work well plugged directly into the SB-Z headphone output jack, or maybe there will be some sort of "noise" issue?

Dec 23, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #3 of 3
Never mine on this problem the on board audio was disabled for my mobo but  for some reason widows was picking up an nonexistent audio device. i uninstalled all the audio devices and reinstalled my drivers and its working great now thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back