Amp impedance question
Aug 25, 2014 at 5:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Alku

New Head-Fier
Greetings,

I have a Delta 66, which i am currently using for its dac, however the output impedance is 130 ohms because it was intended for monitoring.
Now i was planning to add an O2 after it, and i was wondering if the signal fed into it would also have rolled off frequencies?
How would this chain exactly work?

Bonus question, is any rca to rca cable ok or are those marketing gimmicks true? Im not really informed on the matter.

Headphones are dt770 80ohm.

Regards, Alku

Aug 25, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #3 of 5
The input impedance of the O2 is very high (something like 1MOhm maybe?), and it's not frequency dependent like it is in headphones, so there won't be any roll-offs in FR due to the DAC's output impedance.

Aug 25, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #5 of 5

I have a Delta 66, which i am currently using for its DAC, however the output impedance is 130-Ohms because it was intended for monitoring.
Now i was planning to add an O2 after it, and i was wondering if the signal fed into it would also have rolled off frequencies?
How would this chain exactly work?
Bonus question, is any RCA to RCA cable ok or are those marketing gimmicks true? I'm not really informed on the matter.
Headphones are DT770 80-Ohm.

From my understanding a high impedance for a line signal output is a positive thing.
The O2 (Objective 2) headphone amplifier output will still have a less then 1-Ohm output impedance :) while the Delta 66's line-output is connected to the O2's line-input.

Here is a low cost "Premium" RCA cable.
1.5ft Premium 2 RCA Plug/2 RCA Plug M/M 22AWG Cable - Black
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021814&p_id=5346&seq=1&format=2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back