Amp Help for K701, HF-1
May 4, 2006 at 5:47 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
I will second Filburt's suggestion. I wrote a review on the PINT not too long ago in the amplification section. Try searching for it. IT's an amazing amp for its price... at a performance level that $300 commercial amps can't attain, at a price a third of the cost, depending on whether you build it or you pay someone else to build it.

Well, if you build it yourself, it's more like $40-50, which is potentially less than a sixth of the cost of a $300 amp.

May 4, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Filburt
Well, if you build it yourself, it's more like $40-50, which is potentially less than a sixth of the cost of a $300 amp.

yep, but if you ask someone to do it, someone's got to pay for the labor costs
wink.gif
and the shipping

May 4, 2006 at 6:34 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

wink.gif
and the shipping

I agree, I would try to find someone to build the PINT for you. This amp will give you forward sound yet have soundstage, if that makes any sense.

May 4, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

wink.gif
and the shipping

i guess that person would be me, huh
wink.gif

looking forward to it...

May 4, 2006 at 7:36 AM Post #20 of 23
I'd probably make some amps for folks but my casework is not exactly pretty. It's perfectly functional; I just mean cosmetically it's not as pretty as some of the stuff I've seen here. My boardwork is good, though.

May 4, 2006 at 4:11 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
I agree, I would try to find someone to build the PINT for you. This amp will give you forward sound yet have soundstage, if that makes any sense.

That’s perfect. Thanks,,, Thanks,,, Thanks.

May 4, 2006 at 4:20 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino
i guess that person would be me, huh
wink.gif

looking forward to it...

Do I get the option of selecting case for this? I came across couple discussions about concerns in battary usage of PINT. But it comes with both wall suply and battery (Also it can work with 9V as well as AAA batteries?), Right?

May 4, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Filburt
I'd probably make some amps for folks but my casework is not exactly pretty. It's perfectly functional; I just mean cosmetically it's not as pretty as some of the stuff I've seen here. My boardwork is good, though.

Thanks for your help. Can you please post a pic of the PINT you built?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back