AMP for Ultrasone PRO 900
Nov 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Zankes

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have Fiio E10 AND 11 for my ultrasone pro 900... Should I get an upgrade? What should I get? I want some that is reasonable price...

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
Up? or should I stick with Fiio? It became to bother me that somebody said about my fiio with your amps you will only get 1/3 from your heapdhones...

Are you satisfied with the performance of your Fiio and headphones?

Nov 9, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Are you satisfied with the performance of your Fiio and headphones?

Yes, but I'm wondering is there any amps that would be recommend for Ultrasine PRO 900. I like these heapdhones, but better could be also better.

My Fiios are my first amps ever so I'm quite new with these amps... Well I originally bought these amps for Fische FA 003/Brainwaz HM5 about a year ago!

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #7 of 7
To be honest I would go straight for the Matrix M-Stage with either the LM4562 op-amp (with or without Class A mod) or the OPA627 Class A. The bass on the PRO900 felt very underwhelming with previous Amps I've owned with exception of M-Stage and HA-160 - the M-Stage being much cheaper.

I also found the added warmth of the M-Stage helped even out the harsness of the treble, and gave more body to the bass which I adored. Plus it has enough power to drive the PRO900 adequetly, I think @ 60ohm it outputs 400mW and with a pretty good damping factor at 5ohm output impedance (which is good match for PRO900 which is at 40ohm, damping factor is important in regards to bass response). The Fiio specs are a little dwarfed in comparison (except for output impedance), and the M-Stage is not that much more expensive than the Fiio. It can be had for ~250 dollars with free shipping @ their website or from Tam Audio.

I'm not saying the Fiio is bad, I'm just giving recommendation for what I think pairs very well with the PRO900. I think other PRO900 owners might agree with M-Stage pairing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back