Amp for Ultrasone Pro 900
Jan 18, 2011 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Pindi

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I recently bought a pair of ultrasone pro 900 and love them when using with my home theatre system or hi-fi. However, I find them lacking bass when using them with my iPhone 4 and they're somewhat quiet too so I was recommended a portable amp.

Which amp would be best with these phones? I was recommended either the Headstage Arrow or an ibasso. Which ibasso would work well the pro 900s? I really like physical profile of the Arrow; very slim but ibassos seem pretty big and I'll be using these on the move.

Thanks very much

Jan 18, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 4
http://www.electric-avenues.com/audio8.html

This is what I've been using with my Pro 900s. It has a nice warm presentation and has significantly improved my sound quality. I am sure there are better portable amps out there but for 65 dollars this is an awesome amplifier. Also, Gary (the creator) is a really nice guy. He will answer all of your questions and will help you out for sure. Suffice it to say his customer service skills are excellent.

I have heard good things about the Pico dac/amp, too but that is far more expensive. Anyhow, keep us posted as to what you get. I'm interested in hearing what else goes well with the Pro 900s.

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #3 of 4
I can confirm that the Arrow is awesome with the Pro 900! I've had the Arrow for a while but just two days ago received my Pro 900s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back