Amp for Sansa Clip+
Jun 26, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #61 of 73
Quote:
It's more power than you'll ever use. I have the ATH-WS55, which specs fairly close to the M50, and the high gain mode of the E11 is too much power to use....low gain is perfect. So better to use an E6 which sizes perfectly with the Clip+.

thanks for that info dude... but will still try to test it though, I'm not gonna lose anything sooo its fine with me. thanks again :)

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #62 of 73
My GF's clip+ simply does not have the power to reach a desireable volume. The maximum volume is just about acceptable. Is it the 80 ohm DT1350 I'm using (and does the clip sound a bit louder on lower impedance cans/IEMs), or is it my deafness? I'm pretty sure I'm not that deaf... It's just that my Cowon D2 reaches extreme volumes with that headphone unamped. I know the D2 is a powerful PMP, but it seems to me that the clip+ is a powerless PMP. any thoughts?

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #63 of 73
Quote:
My GF's clip+ simply does not have the power to reach a desireable volume. The maximum volume is just about acceptable. Is it the 80 ohm DT1350 I'm using (and does the clip sound a bit louder on lower impedance cans/IEMs), or is it my deafness? I'm pretty sure I'm not that deaf... It's just that my Cowon D2 reaches extreme volumes with that headphone unamped. I know the D2 is a powerful PMP, but it seems to me that the clip+ is a powerless PMP. any thoughts?

If your location in the settings is in the EU, your volume is capped. Re-install your firmware and change the location to North America and then you'll have a volume option in the settings...normal and high. Choosing high will give you more volume to play with.

Jun 27, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #64 of 73
Quote:
If your location in the settings is in the EU, your volume is capped. Re-install your firmware and change the location to North America and then you'll have a volume option in the settings...normal and high. Choosing high will give you more volume to play with.

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I really didn't know that the EU restricted the max volume on the Clip+.

Jun 27, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #65 of 73
Quote:
Wow, thanks for the heads up. I really didn't know that the EU restricted the max volume on the Clip+.

Yes, the nanny state thinks it knows best.
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #67 of 73
Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread, but what could you guys recommend today for 250ohm phones (DT990)? I want a nice amp under $100 for my new Clip+. I want something that will be able to fit in my pocket. I was thinking about the E07K.

Do I need an amp/dac combo or is just an amp necessary?

Thanks.

Mar 9, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #68 of 73
Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread, but what could you guys recommend today for 250ohm phones (DT990)? I want a nice amp under $100 for my new Clip+. I want something that will be able able to fit in my pocket. I was thinking about the E07K.

Do I need an amp/dac combo or is just an amp necessary?

Thanks.

A DAC is only needed to convert a digital signal. The Sansa Clip+ doesn't have a digital out, so it's not needed. Could save you a few bucks. If you have any other audio source with digital out, you might want a DAC, though. Just know that a under $100 DAC does the job, but won't be as good as a $500 DAC.
It is hard for me to recommend an amp. I have one experience only, and it's great. I can't compare with other amps, though. I use a JDS Labs cMoyBB and I love it with my Beyerdynamic DT1350. A really cheap bang for your buck and very portable amp that looks awesome as well.

Mar 9, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #69 of 73
Quote:
A DAC is only needed to convert a digital signal. The Sansa Clip+ doesn't have a digital out, so it's not needed. Could save you a few bucks. If you have any other audio source with digital out, you might want a DAC, though. Just know that a under $100 DAC does the job, but won't be as good as a $500 DAC.
It is hard for me to recommend an amp. I have one experience only, and it's great. I can't compare with other amps, though. I use a JDS Labs cMoyBB and I love it with my Beyerdynamic DT1350. A really cheap bang for your buck and very portable amp that looks awesome as well.

Ah, thanks for letting me know.

i've looked at the CmoyBB as well and it's definitely on my list.

Oct 13, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #73 of 73
In my experience you don't need an amp with the clip+ with >95% of headphones. I currently listen at comfortable volume with my K141 - yes, that's those 20 year old 600 ohm cans - and it's not the clip but my ears which don't wanna go louder.

Also my HF5 are sounding just fine unamped and they're not so easy to drive. I tried to amp with my O2 but I can't hear a difference.

Whoever built the clip (and especially the amp section) deserves a medal.

So if it's to quiet with the original firmware - set it to "Rest of the world" when asked after a factory reset or just rockbox it.

If you are lacking bass 'cause you are used to bass heavy amps... rockbox it and EQ to your taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back