Amp for Sansa Clip+
Dec 20, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #31 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShenaRingo326 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is that (amp max volume, adjust headphone out volume on dap) the recommended way of volume control for dap+amp? or does it really depend on the specific dap+amp?

thanks

When amping a DAP with no line out I usually max the DAP volume and adjust the amp.

Nov 16, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #34 of 73
i used a clip + with the ie8 from my experience every time i add the e5 to the combo the audio quality isnt as good i think the cllp plus doenst need amping

Nov 16, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #35 of 73

Quote:
i used a clip + with the ie8 from my experience every time i add the e5 to the combo the audio quality isnt as good i think the cllp plus doenst need amping

I wish that was true then I probably wouldn't have started searching for other players.  You might just not get along w/ the E5 or how its being implemented.  E5 might synergize poorly w/ the IE8.  That's not a reflection of the Clips attributes.

Nov 17, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #37 of 73

Quote:
Late poster, but I don't amp my clip+.  Curious if anybody tried amping it with the RSA Shadow being it close to the same size.

I did while I had a shadow on loan. They make an awesome match and the Shadow is just ever so bigger than the tiny Clip+. IMHO, they make the ultimate portable combo in terms of size.

Nov 17, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #41 of 73

Agreed, almost i dentical in size. The Shadow is a little thicker. Not by much.
Quote:
Quote:
Late poster, but I don't amp my clip+.  Curious if anybody tried amping it with the RSA Shadow being it close to the same size.

I did while I had a shadow on loan. They make an awesome match and the Shadow is just ever so bigger than the tiny Clip+. IMHO, they make the ultimate portable combo in terms of size.

Nov 17, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #42 of 73

Quote:
My clip+ & Monster beats tour are coming, lol, may I try the RSA shadow or any amp else? By the way...which is the suitable charger for clip+?

iBasso T3 is another option.

Nov 17, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #43 of 73
im listening to my ie8's from the e5 and iphone ... the e5 is def needed on the iphone it expands the soundstage and controls the bass but i seriously dont think its needed for the clip plus it sounds great without it but this is just my imprssion

Nov 17, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #45 of 73
I also use the Clip + E5 with Bass Boost on, this combo does appear to degrade clarity slightly, but I need the increased Bass and volume, so it's a trade-off.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back