Amp for Sansa Clip+
Dec 6, 2009 at 3:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 73

vic225

Head-Fier
Anyone using an amp with the clip + and what method do you use to hold the amp and the clip together??

Dec 6, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #2 of 73
Part of the beauty of the Clip is it's small size and handy clip-on ability, making it extremely portable an unobtrusive. To add an amp would be to defeat the purpose of it's design, not to mention that the Clip has surprisingly good sound for such a small device.

If you insist on an amp, why not place a band of elastic or velcro abound the amp and simply CLIP the Sansa to the band?

I have found that the more stuff I need to carry (the larger/heavier it is) the less likely I am to have it with me all the time when I may decide I wish to use it. My Clip and my ER6 never leave my purse.

Dec 6, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #5 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Part of the beauty of the Clip is it's small size and handy clip-on ability, making it extremely portable an unobtrusive. To add an amp would be to defeat the purpose of it's design, not to mention that the Clip has surprisingly good sound for such a small device.

Exactly. My Clip/Etymotic HF5 combo sounds *amazingly* good playing FLAC source files, and they're so light and tiny I'm hardly aware of them. The extreme portability is like having whipped cream with a cherry on top thrown in for free. Adding a amp would be like buying a Prius and dropping in a big V8. Why?
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #7 of 73
Amp is "not for clip"??? What? You are aware that in this application an amp is used to amplify the output of a SOURCE (the Clip in this case) then feed the amplified signal to a headphone, right?
wink.gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #9 of 73
Ah, I simply misread your comment since the OP didn't mention the cans he was using. At any rate, I was commenting on the need for even considering an amp in this instance. As an alternative, perhaps the OP should think about the possibility of going with a headphone/earphone that would provide excellent performance without one. As NiceCans rightly pointed out, strapping an amplifier to a tiny device like the Clip totally defeats one of its design triumphs.

Dec 6, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #10 of 73
well i'm actually using UM3X and Turbines, and I normally use my Ipod with a 2Move, just wondering if anyone uses an amp with the Clip =)

Dec 6, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #12 of 73
yea.. the Clip + lacks a slight kick on the bass on some tunes =)

Dec 6, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #14 of 73
The clip and e5 are practically the same size, and combined are still smaller than most players out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back