Amp for iPod and PC?
Jul 3, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #16 of 35
When Ibasso started to ship out the D2 Viper, they mistakenly sent out some with a modded much higher gain to some of the buyers. You know what they did? Instead of asking them to ship the D2 Viper back to them in China for a fix, they just shipped out without charge the innards of the D2 Viper (basically the entire Viper minus the case) to the customers who emailed them saying they had a high gain version. On top of that the customers were told to not ship back the high gain board they just switched out and just told to keep em. That's excellent customer service. Not to mention a freebie amp if you know how to make a DIY case for the extra board.

Ibasso, though in China, ships to your home in 3-5 days. Just read the Boa thread and you will see people mention they couldn't believe how fast they were getting their amps overseas in places like America.

Jul 3, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAQemUP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When Ibasso started to ship out the D2 Viper, they mistakenly sent out some with a modded much higher gain to some of the buyers. You know what they did? Instead of asking them to ship the D2 Viper back to them in China for a fix, they just shipped out without charge the innards of the D2 Viper (basically the entire Viper minus the case) to the customers who emailed them saying they had a high gain version. On top of that the customers were told to not ship back the high gain board they just switched out and just told to keep em. That's excellent customer service. Not to mention a freebie amp if you know how to make a DIY case for the extra board.

Ibasso, though in China, ships to your home in 3-5 days. Just read the Boa thread and you will see people mention they couldn't believe how fast they were getting their amps overseas in places like America.

I got email from Ibasso with the price in US dollars. The price is affordable. I just sent back the email to confirm if any other hidden fees before committing to the purchase. By the way, is Ibasso a China company? The website does not have much information.

I also look for Ipod line-out cable , IEM. Don't want to spend a fortune, but must be reasonably good stuff.

thanks.

Jul 3, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #18 of 35
Yeah it's a Chineses based company. They actually used to have a different layout on their website up to a month or 2 ago before there current one. The old site had the prices up in US dollars but with the new website layout they switched to Euro dollars price listing. No idea why.

Jul 3, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelv20850 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for reminding me. Which US company do you recommend? I am new to portable headphone amp. Some of the brands i look in this forum do not exist anymore such as Go-Vibe.

I would prefer good and reasonable price unit so that i can go with Ipod Classic. This is mainly for use on the go.

For IEM, i'm torn between Denon AH-C551 and Super Fi 3 .

thanks.

My first choice is Headroom. They are super to deal with and make a top quality product right here in Bozeman, Montana. Ray Samuels Audio (RSA) is another excellent US made choice. Both will have amps well within your price range. I'd take a look at both.

HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

News - Ray Samuels Audio

Jul 3, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #20 of 35
I like Predator too, but it's way out of my reach , even Hornet.

I'm also thinking of XM4 or XM5 from Practical Devices Corporation , but i don't see much review for it.

All in all , i still prefer buying stuffs in USA.

Since I'm new to this stuff, i'm opened for any opportunity to get good and reasonable price item

thanks

Jul 3, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelv20850 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got email from Ibasso with the price in US dollars. The price is affordable. I just sent back the email to confirm if any other hidden fees before committing to the purchase. By the way, is Ibasso a China company? The website does not have much information.

I also look for Ipod line-out cable , IEM. Don't want to spend a fortune, but must be reasonably good stuff.

thanks.

I got my LOD from S2 audio, they say you can get cheap ones from ebay, mine cost $45

Jul 3, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #22 of 35
Go Vibe Petite DAC and amp. It's small and you can also use it as a DAC for your computer. If you don't need the DAC in the Petite, you can buy it without.

If you want to stretch it, and want a a better DAC and amp, the GoVibe Magnum is an AWESOME choice. I'm using it the Magnum as my DAC when I'm on the go, and it only falls short of the Keces unit by a small margin (but what portable DAC wouldn't?).

Jul 3, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go Vibe Petite DAC and amp. It's small and you can also use it as a DAC for your computer. If you don't need the DAC in the Petite, you can buy it without.

If you want to stretch it, and want a a better DAC and amp, the GoVibe Magnum is an AWESOME choice. I'm using it the Magnum as my DAC when I'm on the go, and it only falls short of the Keces unit by a small margin (but what portable DAC wouldn't?).

Where can i find info on it? i mean where to buy?
thanks.

Jul 3, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #24 of 35
Jul 3, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #25 of 35
Jul 3, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #26 of 35
ZY cable and GO-Vibe Petite look interesting. However, i really the look of Hornet but price is beyond my budget.

Any recommendation on IEM? I prefer something below $100

Thanks.

Jul 4, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #27 of 35
^ Look at my sig for my impressions of both.

RSA products are pretty....

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Look at my sig for my impressions of both.

RSA products are pretty....

thanks for the links. Very good review. However, i think it's too much to my head
smily_headphones1.gif
i'm kind of confused more in the world of portable amp. I now narrow down to the following models:

Go-vibe Petite
Hornet
XM4
Ibasso D2 boa

out of the 4, Hornet is nicest one and highest price, but i like its design. I don't like the idea of having bass/treble buttons.

I plan to get IEM Super Fi 3. Would you think it works well with the above amps?

thanks.

Jul 4, 2008 at 5:33 AM Post #29 of 35
Yes...I haven't heard the bottom two, but out of the Hornet and Petite....the Petite wins because of price, and with a DAC, because of practicality as well. Battery life is about the same IIRC. Smaller too.

But the Hornet is pretty, and relatively speaking, timeless considering how many people still have and use theirs. But as said, is more expensive. If you decide to get one...pick it up used to save a couple bucks.

Used is the way to go because it's cheaper, and all/most of the hassles of burn-in are done for you.

Jul 4, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #30 of 35
No love for the 2move? Its nice and everything.. Except the big logo on the top. If you read skylab's review, I believe he said the amp sounds exactly the same as the headsix. I love it and I need to start listening to it more often!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back