Amp for Fostex TH600
Oct 22, 2014 at 5:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Udit

New Head-Fier
I would like to buy a Full Size Headphone Amp for my Fostex TH600 within $200-400 which will eliminate or reduce the headphones brightness and harshness also increase the midrange without compromising Bass.

My DAC is a Creative Sound Blaster ZxR (Burr Brown PCM1794) and my amp is a FiiO E9.

Oct 31, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #4 of 6
I'm driving my TH600s with a Burson Conductor SL (same amp as Soloist SL) but this is slightly beyond your price range at $600. Maybe you can find a used Soloist SL. Very smooth with excellent extension on both ends, and tends to de-emphasize the TH-600 upper-mid bump. I think the TH-600 with its crazy impedance curve is tamed by the SL with its low-impedance output and stiff PS. Probably more power than the TH-600s need but then again...

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #5 of 6
  I'm driving my TH600s with a Burson Conductor SL (same amp as Soloist SL) but this is slightly beyond your price range at $600. Maybe you can find a used Soloist SL. Very smooth with excellent extension on both ends, and tends to de-emphasize the TH-600 upper-mid bump. I think the TH-600 with its crazy impedance curve is tamed by the SL with its low-impedance output and stiff PS. Probably more power than the TH-600s need but then again...

Thanks a lot.
I will buy the soloist sl then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back