Amp for DT770 250ohm
Aug 5, 2012 at 7:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

noobandroid

1000+ Head-Fier
i would like some suggestions for dt770 250 ohm, prefer tube sound, as i have bravo v 2 now, hoping to find some amp that can truely show the sound signature of the cans,  budget should be around  $200+ 

FYI i'm from malaysia so basically a 200 USD means a Rm 600 to me, and already is expensive  to me
confused_face.gif

Aug 5, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #2 of 15
Quote:
I would like some suggestions for dt770 250 ohm, prefer tube sound, as i have bravo v 2 now, hoping to find some amp that can truely show the sound signature of the cans,  budget should be around  $200+ 

FYI i'm from malaysia so basically a 200 USD means a Rm 600 to me, and already is expensive  to me
confused_face.gif

Have you fine adjusted and balanced the voltage on the Bravo V2?
All you need is a low priced Digital Multi-meter (DT830), check the website Rockgrotto, in the headphone amplifier subsection of the forum, for directions on adjusting the voltage.

Bravo V2 should have plenty of voltage for the DT770 Pro 250-Ohm. what DAC are you using?

Aug 5, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 15
using a dacport lx

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:
Have you fine adjusted and balanced the voltage on the Bravo V2?
All you need is a low priced Digital Multi-meter (DT830), check the website Rockgrotto, in the headphone amplifier subsection of the forum, for directions on adjusting the voltage.

Bravo V2 should have plenty of voltage for the DT770 Pro 250-Ohm. what DAC are you using?

may i also say that i dont have any solder skills, but like tube amps, and hoping the not so expensive type

dac : dacport lx

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:
May I also say that I don't have any solder skills, but like tube amps, and hoping the not so expensive type

dac : dacport lx

Using the Digital multi-meter is not soldering, just touching two points on the Bravo V2 to read the voltage.
Then using a small Philipshead screw driver for the two adjustment on the right and left voltage channels.

The Bravo tube amplifier needs to have it's voltage balanced and fine tuned after it's warmed up for 10 minutes.
My guess they only do a basic adjustment at the factory

http://www.head-fi.org/t/444400/bravo-audio-funny-looking-little-tube-amps

http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=b&action=display&thread=5022

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:
Using the Digital multi-meter is not soldering, just touching two points on the Bravo V2 to read the voltage.
Then using a small Philipshead screw driver for the two adjustment on the right and left voltage channels.

The Bravo tube amplifier needs to have it's voltage balanced and fine tuned after it's warmed up for 10 minutes.
My guess they only do a basic adjustment at the factory

http://www.head-fi.org/t/444400/bravo-audio-funny-looking-little-tube-amps

http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=b&action=display&thread=5022

the newer version doesnt have philips head adjustment already, they soldered in components, so all the components inside are fixed

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:
The newer version doesn't have Philips head adjustment already, they soldered in components, so all the components inside are fixed

Did not believe it, so I double checked, your right, they removed the adjustments for the voltage, sell it off.
Maybe get a Little Dot MKII to replace the Bravo V2.

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:
Did not believe it, so I double checked, your right, they removed the adjustments for the voltage, sell it off.
Maybe get a Little Dot MKII to replace the Bravo V2.

i was thinking of either indeed G3 or MK2

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:
I was thinking of either indeed G3 or MK2

I think Indeed is a good version, I think the G3 comes with a pre-amp output, the MK2 does not,
but feel free to double check that info.

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:
I think Indeed is a good version, I think the G3 comes with a pre-amp output, the MK2 does not,
but feel free to double check that info.

both have pre-amp output, just that MK2 is better in terms that it is OTL, and uses 4 tubes instead of G3's single tube, power definitely MK2 is more ready for future upgrades

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:
Both have pre-amp output, just that MK2 is better in terms that it is OTL, and uses 4 tubes instead of G3's single tube, power definitely MK2 is more ready for future upgrades

I thought you where talking about the Indeed G3 and Indeed MK2 amplifiers.
Indeed uses "MK2", Little Dot uses "MKII".

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:
I thought you where talking about the Indeed G3 and Indeed MKII amplifiers.

haha, i didnt state correctly, well, let's talk bout the indeed brand then, G2 or G3...
 Little Dot may be a little bulky for me

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:
haha, i didnt state correctly, well, let's talk bout the indeed brand then, G2 or G3...
 Little Dot may be a little bulky for me

I use to use the Indeed 6922 MK2, but I moved it around so much in lose packaging from house to house, it finally stopped working.

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:
I use to use the Indeed 6922 MK2, but I moved it around so much in lose packaging from house to house, it finally stopped working.

mine gonna be stationary, the G3 does look tasty and powerful

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

can you help me look over the G3 specifications? i might be going for it if i cant find a suitable amp for myself on my october trip abroad to find myself an amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back