Amp for Denon D2000 on a budget
Jul 5, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #16 of 23
still looking at the e9 atm, but have also started looking at the o2 amp, however with my DIY abilities not being the best, im not sure how comfortable i would feel ordering the parts and building it, maybe if there was a step by step guide somewhere for it.

It is also £100 for a prebuilt one.
£30 more than the FiiO

Jul 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:
still looking at the e9 atm, but have also started looking at the o2 amp, however with my DIY abilities not being the best, im not sure how comfortable i would feel ordering the parts and building it, maybe if there was a step by step guide somewhere for it.

It is also £100 for a prebuilt one.
£30 more than the FiiO

Find a used O2.

Jul 5, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #19 of 23
guna put some cash aside  and will post a thread on pay day, how much do you reckon is  a good price for:

used FiiO E9
used o2 amp
used o2 with batteries
used o2 with DAC

??

RougeR

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:
Guna put some cash aside  and will post a thread on pay day, how much do you reckon is  a good price for:
used FiiO E9
used o2 amp
used o2 with batteries
used o2 with DAC

The guy who designed the Objective 2, is nick named "Lord Voldemort".
We have to use a nick name because "Lord Voldemort" was kick off Head-Fi and using his real name or linking to him is against Head-Fi rules.
So anyway do a search for "Objective 2" on the Internet and you will find his website, read up on what he has to say about headphone amplifier impedance.
You might rethink some of your headphone amplifier choices.

I still think the Fiio E11 with a few spare batteries and a simple battery recharger is the cheapest ($85) and a decent (wise) choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back