AMP for Beyerdynamic T90
Oct 12, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #3 of 13
Matrix M-stage/Lovely Cube , La Figaro/DV 336 O2 etc  T-90 is not so hard to drive . 

Schiit Valhalla is also a good choice depend what kind of sound you are looking for . 

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #6 of 13
well 336 => tube amp wich smooth highs , had body to medium and bass (but not all tube amps do that , and with different tubes a  336 could do something else) .

O2 => neutral sound , no coloration aded to your T-90 

M-stage / lovely cube would be a median solution , will sound more like classic SS amps , but with a touch of warmth .

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #8 of 13
i am not too much in tubes amps , only hear some few at frinds homes etc , sounded not bad at all but not really my cup of tea (i am more for SS amps) , WA2 , WA6 are highly regarded here , but i can't say much about them never heard any of it . 

Oct 15, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #10 of 13
http://www.head-fi.org/t/607079/beyerdynamic-t90-d

there is a dedicated thread ^^ i just heard briefly T-90 at shop and it sounded quite good , transparent en clear , detailled , balanced sound , on the bright side . Not a bassy headphone at all but it's more than ok for me , more impression on the thread listed above by owners 
wink.gif

Jun 11, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #11 of 13
well 336 => tube amp wich smooth highs , had body to medium and bass (but not all tube amps do that , and with different tubes a  336 could do something else) .

O2 => neutral sound , no coloration aded to your T-90 

M-stage / lovely cube would be a median solution , will sound more like classic SS amps , but with a touch of warmth .

I have noticed all the larger cans I have owned all seem to have more trebles and I am assuming it could be the higher impedance of the units..
So I too purchased a "tube amp"..
For me the O2 had incredible detail and great dynamics,
but in comparison, the mids and highs on the "little dot MKIII" seemed more fluid and effortless and as a result easier to listen to trebles without loss in resolution for extendid listening.

Aug 21, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #12 of 13
Thought I'd chime in here. Picked up a T90 from Amazon the other day. Count me as a fan. I've had the T1, currently have an HE-5, LCD2, DT990/600, D2000 - I've owned a bunch, and will probably own a bunch more :) On point, I find it to have a fantastic synergy with the Torpedo. Great sound stage, tones of dynamics/detail and pretty damn neutral. I'm 56 and have lost a bit of my high frequency sensitivity, so I can't speak to brightness/harshness. I find them airy with good treble tonality/decay. Anyway, mainly wanted to call out the pairing with the Torpedo. Two thumbs up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back