amp for ATH-W5000 (UK)
Sep 24, 2007 at 9:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

onocentaur

100+ Head-Fier
I need a pair of closed phones and I think I've decided on the w5000s. It looks like they'll have as much 'airiness' as I can get out of a closed can. But I need an amp for it and I'd rather not import from the US so I was wondering which would be the best bet. Budget is £200-£300. I've thought about the Meier Arietta (budget, yes please) and the Heed Canamp. I could also perhaps think about a Darkvoice from ebay... I'd like to get a slightly warm, weighty sound to complement the cans. Any help would be much appreciated!

Sep 24, 2007 at 10:25 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by onocentaur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need a pair of closed phones and I think I've decided on the w5000s. It looks like they'll have as much 'airiness' as I can get out of a closed can. But I need an amp for it and I'd rather not import from the US so I was wondering which would be the best bet. Budget is £200-£300. I've thought about the Meier Arietta (budget, yes please) and the Heed Canamp. I could also perhaps think about a Darkvoice from ebay... I'd like to get a slightly warm, weighty sound to complement the cans. Any help would be much appreciated!

There is a guy already on the FS with the HA5000 to match with this headphone. For anyone in the EU this would be a deal.
Here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=259112

Sep 24, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by onocentaur /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Drag yourself down to Manchester for the UK meet in OCtober. There's a thread in the Meets forum.

Sep 24, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #6 of 6
got to second that graham is good amp. for w5000 - but not in their league - and there should be quite easy to find retailer to test combo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back