no one??
happy_face1.gif

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #3 of 20
MAD EAR+
Best amp for Grados.

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #6 of 20
thank you for your feedback about asgard
happy_face1.gif

what other amps have you used with grados? (just for a personal curiosity)
In general, a woo audio wa6? is it a good match with grados?

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #7 of 20
I've used the Grado RA1 amp, the original Asgard, and the built in headphone amps from my McIntosh preamps (C32 and C42).  So, not as many amps as some folks here, but some pretty well respected amps none the less.  Asgard 2 man!

Mar 31, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #8 of 20
I've used the Grado RA1 amp, the original Asgard, and the built in headphone amps from my McIntosh preamps (C32 and C42).  So, not as many amps as some folks here, but some pretty well respected amps none the less.  Asgard 2 man!
Thank you :wink: i appreciate!
I was thinking about asgard 2 and...as i can see, good amps for grados are not so many...
Any other amps for example?

Mar 31, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #9 of 20
The Asgard 2 has some background hiss that is audible on low impedance, high sensitivity phones.  Maybe it's not the best for your Grados.

You may consider the HeadRoom Micro, Musical Fidelity V-Can II (and V-PSU II for both your DAC and amp), HiFiMan EF5, or a NuForce amp.

Mar 31, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #11 of 20
Thank you, essentially i was searching an hybrid amp (like the ef5)or a tube amp in a reasonable price range, but tube amps like little dot series aren't a great match for grados(OTL and low z headphones)
i'm afraid that a ss amp like asgard should give a too agressive sound
I need a well controlled bass and a tube-like sound...is it difficult to find out?

Mar 31, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #12 of 20
The EF5 would be a good match for you, then.  I had it for a short bit.

Quote:
Thank you, essentially i was searching an hybrid amp (like the ef5)or a tube amp in a reasonable price range, but tube amps like little dot series aren't a great match for grados(OTL and low z headphones)
i'm afraid that a ss amp like asgard should give a too agressive sound
I need a well controlled bass and a tube-like sound...is it difficult to find out?

Mar 31, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #14 of 20
What about the EF2?  That amp is generally very well liked.  The DAC section is pretty lacking, but the amplification section is actually pretty good.  Some users here, who have some really exotic amps, have commented how surprisingly good the EF2 is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back