AMP/DAC/Soundcard for Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm?
Oct 1, 2015 at 9:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Lansing

New Head-Fier
Hello there :),

Would you need an AMP/DAC or soundcard for the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm, or could you use it without any of those on my motherboard soundcard (Asus P8Z68V) with still amazing sound quality? Would the added AMP/DAC or soundcard actually add a lot better quality to the sound to be worth its money?

And if so, which cheap AMP/DAC or soundcard would you guys recommend for 60 dollars max? I would use the headphones for my computer 98% of the time, so it doesnt have to be portable or anything.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #2 of 10
I believe you'd hear a difference with a decent DAC/amp.  If your budget is only $60 though then I say skip it for now, and wait until you can spend a bit more.

Oct 1, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #5 of 10

Which DAC/amp would you recommend without considering my budget?

I think the ~$200 range is the sweet spot to start off with.  Something like the Schiit Modi 2 or ODAC and maybe a Schiit Vali.

Oct 1, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #6 of 10
You will improve your sound quality by a noticeable amount with something like the Asus Xonar DG/DGX.

But that won't be as good as some of the external options.

The Schiit Fulla or FiiO E10K will be good at around $80. The E17/E17K at around $150, and the Schiit Magni/Modi at $200 will be even better.

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #7 of 10

Which DAC/amp would you recommend without considering my budget?

You should be able to find a used Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card, for around $70.

Oct 1, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #9 of 10
  Thanks a ton for the information guys! I will first buy the headphones and then consider one of the options stated in this thread to buy in the future. 

Check out Soundmagic HP150 headphones, should easily be driving by the motherboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back