AMP/DAC for FA-011?
Jul 4, 2011 at 12:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jums

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

Self explanatory title,

Looking for an amp, with DAC, to use with Fischer Audio FA-011

Been looking at (I know these arent particularily speaking full size headphone amps, but this is all ive found and need some suggestions, dont really need it to be portable) :

1. NuForce uDAC-2
  2. Fiio E7

Any suggestions? Synergy?

Thanks

Jul 5, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #2 of 3
Based on the reviews so far, I gather that the FA-011 require a decent amount of juice to be driven to their full potential. The uDAC-2 and E7 are no doubt very good for the price, but I think you may need something with a little more oomph.

Even at the budget end of things there are plenty of options:

Audio Gd NFB-12
Zero Dac/Amp
Matrix Mini-i
NuForce HDP
Maverick TubeMagic D1
Audio Gd FUN
iBasso D6
Little Dot DAC II

There are plenty more suggestions that I'm sure people will offer.

In terms of synergy, I think anything that can deliver plenty of clean power with lots of headroom, and doesn't impart much of its own signature, should be fine. The Audio Gd stuff has a great rep and offers the best bang-for-buck of any manufacturer. As does the Zero and the Little Dot. The Mini-i has quite a lot of features which push up the price somewhat, so if you are not interested in the LCD display/preamp functionality then it might be worth looking elsewhere. The D1 is excellent, great warm sound signature, only thing is that with the FA-011 the bass might be a little loose and undefined, this is purely speculation based of the reviews so far.

Only you can say whether any one of the combinations has real synergy, it's a good idea to give some of those products a try to make absolutely sure.

Zain

Jul 6, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks, great response!

Any other amps in the same price range as the Zero?
Thats kind of my limit. DAC would be needed.
Amp with DAC is very useful, this is why im considering the Zero, any other similar/better in same price range?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back