Amp dac combo?
Jan 19, 2008 at 6:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AuroraProject

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys, I'm looking for a few recommendations on an amp/dac combo preferably with some kind of bass boost. I want to connect it to my MacBook Pro via USB or optical, and I'll be using Etymotic ER4P phones. It will be mainly for home use, so battery powered isn't important to me.

I've been out of headphones for awhile, but I want a better home listening experience, so any comments are appreciated!

Thanks.

Jan 20, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #4 of 5
The only 2 I'd consider in that price range are the pico and the apogee duet. The apogee only works with mac via firewire, but is spectacular. The pico is usb or minijack in, and is also spectacular. Both are $500. The pico is 1/4 of the size of the duet, not counting the breakout cable or volume knob.

I'll be posting a comparison of the two eventually.

Jan 20, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only 2 I'd consider in that price range are the pico and the apogee duet. The apogee only works with mac via firewire, but is spectacular. The pico is usb or minijack in, and is also spectacular. Both are $500. The pico is 1/4 of the size of the duet, not counting the breakout cable or volume knob.

I'll be posting a comparison of the two eventually.

i've heard good things about the DAC section in the Duet, but is the headphone out really that good?
look forward to the comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back