Amp dac combo under 600$
Jan 5, 2018 at 9:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

YUUHUU

New Head-Fier
hey guys im looking for a good amp dac combo for around 600$, my plan is to keep it as much as possible its my end game i only want one unit Preferably. Sound signature should be as natural as possible for this price range. I want it to drive low and high impedance headphone i wont be using any EIM only large cans. I currently own Hifiman 400I and sony MDR1A and im looking into getting hd 800s or Lcd 2. I currently live in Lebanon so i only have access to aliexpress (aune,fiio,smsl) and massdrop any recommendations? The aune 6s is what im looking at right now but people are saying that its single end sucks and all my headphones run on single end imput i dont have access to balanced cables no amazon in my country. and regarding shiit products il have to wait for them to pop up on massdrop so what should i do :/

Jan 5, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #3 of 4
Depending on your preferences, I would also consider the iFi iDSD Black Label even though it's portable DAC/amp, not a desktop one.

If 'punchiness' and bass extension are important to you, they do really well, which becomes more of an important concern when paired with planars, I think. Better than the WA7 (which I also own).

And also in my experience better than the Audeze Deckard (which is also near your target price range).

Jan 5, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #4 of 4
The Chord Mojo is my favorite DAC/amp in your price range.

I drove all sorts of headphones from it, including the HD 800, LCD-2F, and HE500. I heard next to no difference between the ~$500 Mojo and ~$4,300 430HAD when driving the HD 800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back