Amp and Dac for Aryas.
Aug 31, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #2 of 22
I know you said you were looking for a tube amp but I have never had good luck with planars and tubes. I did recently invest in an RME ADI 2 and my Aryas have never sounded so good. I mean they always sound amazing but the RME just takes it to a whole new level.

Sep 1, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #4 of 22
The RME is both. I though you were asking about a dac and an amp? They do have a balanced version but still not the tubes you are looking for. Still a a worth a look it is an amazing piece of equipment. I swap the two headphones depending on what I am listening to hd800s on tubes for vocal jazz and classical and the aryas for everything else

Sep 1, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #5 of 22
I used RME ADI2 with the Arya, amazing pair to be honest especially with the PEQ it had, you could tune it to the way you want. IF you want to bump it up to the endgame territory, then add the SPL Phonitor X to the chain!

Sep 1, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #6 of 22
Hello, I went to the RME website and didn't see a balanced version. Now I am currently using a Monoprice Monolith Amp/DAC which got good reviews but I feel I can get more out of the Aryas with a different setup. What kind of problems did you have with the Aryas and tubes? Also, what is an SPL Phonitor X?

Sep 1, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #7 of 22
I thought the Aryas threw a wide soundstage but with my current setup, that's not happening. How is the soundstage with the RME with the Aryas? Do you like the soundstage on your HD 800s. Also, you said I could tune the RME. Are you referring to EQ? Thanks so much for all of your great feedback. I appreciate it!

Sep 1, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #8 of 22
The adi 2 pro is balanced and under your budget. The only problem is if you have the hd800s they sound horrible on the rme. This has been brought up many times on this forum if you go to the rme thread. I use the dark voice when listening to the hd800s planars just generally don’t sound good with tubes.
The aryas sound beautiful with the rme. I honestly couldn’t imagine them sounding any better. I have actually stopped looking. The sound stage on the hd800s is huge there is no comparison between the Arya with that if you are looking for the widest sound stage the hd800s is the way to go. They are just completely different sounding headphones. I have both and see a need for both

Sep 1, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #9 of 22
But the RME doesn't have a balanced headphone jack in the front. I think I'm going to get the RME for my Aryas and possibly the 800s for my current DAC/Amp. I love wide soundstages and detail. Did you say the RME/Arya setup has a wide soundstage? Does the HD 800s sound good with tubes?

Sep 1, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #11 of 22
The pro does have balanced in front but it looks like it is split between two jacks not the traditional xlr connector. I think your idea makes perfect sense to keep the old setup for the hd800s. Or you could sell that and buy a dedicated tube amp and use the rme as the dac. So then you have both slid state and tubes all in one setup. The aryas have a great wide soundstage with the rme and the hd800s loves tubes. Once you hear them with tubes you won’t go back.

Sep 1, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #12 of 22
And yes we are talking about the RME adi-2 dac fs. I recommend going on the rme impressions thread to and see the excitement about this piece don’t just take my word for it.

Sep 1, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #14 of 22
The pro is balanced but the one we are talking about is single ended with an iem output. And o man if you have some iems this unit will blow your mind. I’ll look up the link I am talking about

Sep 1, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #15 of 22

Users who are viewing this thread

Back