Amp advice needed...
Jul 2, 2007 at 5:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

yobs

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to get a new amp, or set of amps, currently eyeing either a Corda Move, or alternatively, getting an iBasso T2 (for portable usage) alongside a LD2++ for home usage.

The Move would be useful for the USB-DAC so can use at work, though critical listening is not really something I have much time to do at work, more just background noise, so its not that pivotal an issue.

I *do* really enjoy listening to stuff on the train (iPod Nano 2nd gen -> DIY line-out -> iBasso T1 -> Crossroad Mylar 3s), and where the train is quiet enough/my mylar3s isolate enough, it would be as critical listening as possible
etysmile.gif

Finally, I do my most critical listening at home, coming from a Sony PCDP D-33.

Current headphones:
AKG K501s
Senns HD580
Crossroad Mylar 3s
KSC-75
Shure e2g (gave to a friend)

on the way:
Equation RP-21
Yuin PK-1

SO!

What amps do you recommend me get
smily_headphones1.gif
? Budget is limited to around $250, but to cover travel, home and work listening. If I go the T2 & LD2++ combo (or something similar), then i'd probably get a external DAC + Chaintech down the line...

Jul 2, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #2 of 5
One more thing...

Do people find 'portable' amps that are roughly Move -sized, not so portable? I'm not so sure it would comfortably fit in my pocket, and I'm semi-lazy to reach into a bag/storage solution to change songs every minute or so (I flick through songs quickly).

Jul 5, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 5
Yup it's just a do-it-yourself line-out.

That aside, amp troubles are (temporarily) solved - ie. I pulled the trigger on a LD MKIII the other day
biggrin.gif
! Now to find an appropriate portable.

Shall post impressions as they arrive
biggrin.gif
!

Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is that??

iPod connector with 1/8" socket inside??

And I'd assume this DIY line-out work with all iPods including newer ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back