Amp advice for dt 880 32 ohm
Oct 31, 2020 at 9:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Shabda

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

I’m looking for a portable amp or maybe dac/amp to color my dt 880’s a bit. Would be nice if they were a little less dry

100-300 dollar range

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Nov 1, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #2 of 6
This is interesting. For portable and in the price range I bet you're looking at solid state, and typically solid state isn't what I'd think of to color your sound. How do ou feel about Cayin N3 pro?

Nov 1, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #4 of 6
You might be able to find a used Chord Mojo in your price range. The Mojo is a great device and has a warm sound to it, however if you want a warmer, more lush sound signature, the best way to do it is move on from the Beyer DT880s.

Nov 1, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #5 of 6
It looks frickin awesome! A bit confused on the dual timbre solid state/tube technology though, is this a hybrid or a interchangability or somethig else entirely?

I love using a DAP. No, it hasn't gotten me away completely from listening at my computer, but for some reason I just love my QLS QA361. I rarely ever like a product that much, something intangible that just clicks. So, if you can stretch your budget a bit, there are several tube DAPs that may bring you great happiness.

Some DAP have a slight warmth/liquidity to them, even without tubes. Astell & Kern is one that I've heard others speak of.

Nov 12, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #6 of 6
Saving up for that DAP :) thanks for the help!

I ended up getting a pair of 6xx’s and a used fiio q5s so I could use it wireless since I take a lot of walks with music. The fiio q5s seem to drive the 6xx okay but I suspect some bass isnt being amplified as well but that’s okay they sound fantastic to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back