Amletic question!
Jul 13, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #16 of 23
Well, as in all cases, when you have something good already, youre gonna have to pay alot to get it better. Speaking of a stereo system

u can get one for 200$ decent,

and you can get one for 200 000$, and that stereo system isnt 1000 times better. If ur looking into the ie6, which is an iem, meaning that you dont get so much difference from an amp, I'd probably maybe get the IE-8, drop the amp. I use an amp since my headphones are big, even my portable ones. I dont like IEMs, never have, get better comfort and less pain with big ones. If you're worried that it wont be worth it, buy something alot cheaper, or dont and wait some time until you feel like having an upgrade. You see people here buying the D10 and using it with IEMS, and IMHO that really isnt worth the cash. The good thing about the P3+ is that you can have it forever change opamps and if you take care of it, it will last for a very long time.

So, i guess what im saying is, if you have big cans, an amp is worth it in the 200, 300$ range. And even with an IEM, SOME people will find it worth it as they just want perfection.

Though..I would get some good headphones/IEMS, before getting an amp. Meaning that, the IE-8 will sound better than the IE6 with an amp. The whole audio businnes is very exaggerated. My P3+ gives me that bit of ..cant describe it, that last part of ..woah! factor you know. But I'm sure that something higher in the ranges of the IE-6 will get you some serious WOAH!

If you though, really ever decide that, I want an amp! The P3+ is extreme bang for the buck.

Jul 13, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, as in all cases, when you have something good already, youre gonna have to pay alot to get it better. Speaking of a stereo system

u can get one for 200$ decent,

and you can get one for 200 000$, and that stereo system isnt 1000 times better. If ur looking into the ie6, which is an iem, meaning that you dont get so much difference from an amp, I'd probably maybe get the IE-8, drop the amp. I use an amp since my headphones are big, even my portable ones. I dont like IEMs, never have, get better comfort and less pain with big ones. If you're worried that it wont be worth it, buy something alot cheaper, or dont and wait some time until you feel like having an upgrade. You see people here buying the D10 and using it with IEMS, and IMHO that really isnt worth the cash. The good thing about the P3+ is that you can have it forever change opamps and if you take care of it, it will last for a very long time.

So, i guess what im saying is, if you have big cans, an amp is worth it in the 200, 300$ range. And even with an IEM, SOME people will find it worth it as they just want perfection.

Though..I would get some good headphones/IEMS, before getting an amp. Meaning that, the IE-8 will sound better than the IE6 with an amp. The whole audio businnes is very exaggerated. My P3+ gives me that bit of ..cant describe it, that last part of ..woah! factor you know. But I'm sure that something higher in the ranges of the IE-6 will get you some serious WOAH!

If you though, really ever decide that, I want an amp! The P3+ is extreme bang for the buck.

Ok, thank you for the clarification. As i said some posts ago I also have a pair of great akg k240 mkII.
I asked you about the ie6 because I read that the RE0 are better than the shure se530 that costs about 3 times and a half.
As soon as I can I'll buy a p3+ and now I'm also becoming able to do some DIY stuff.
bigsmile_face.gif
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Jul 13, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #18 of 23
sounds funny to me that the RE0 can sound better than the 530. Ive heard alot of people loving their 530s very much. If its true though, i would believe that the se530 is better than the ie6, meaning that the RE0 is the best..But im not too sure about that the RE0 can beat shures most beloves IEM...

I have always loved sennheisers sound though. I dont love their low price products, but those a bit pricier are superb.

Jul 13, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

sounds funny to me that the RE0 can sound better than the 530. Ive heard alot of people loving their 530s very much. If its true though, i would believe that the se530 is better than the ie6, meaning that the RE0 is the best..But im not too sure about that the RE0 can beat shures most beloves IEM...

I have always loved sennheisers sound though. I dont love their low price products, but those a bit pricier are superb.

Here all the reviews:http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f38/99...direct-431735/

"...Here is a mod you can try on your RE0 - it is the same mod as the RE1 mod I described before. Basically, you remove the foam inside the nozzle (behind the mesh-like filter) to improve the SQ.

SQ wise, you will find that the mid range is no longer recessed. It has moved forward and became quite lively. The soundstage is also improved, capable of matching (and even a little surpassing) TF10. There is even more detail than before, but comes with a downside - you will detect a very slight hint of sibilance on bright music on higher volume now, but nothing terrible.

I have said it before that I would rank RE0 below TF10 and SE530 on SQ, but with the mod I'll probably rank it higher than SE530 and place it very close or even on par with TF10...."

Jul 13, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #20 of 23
Wow...this is just a review, but kinda shocked me a bit. I'm sure ALOT of people disagrees with this. Are you planning on buying the RE0?

Jul 13, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Wow...this is just a review, but kinda shocked me a bit. I'm sure ALOT of people disagrees with this. Are you planning on buying the RE0?

I was thinking something like this but not pretty sure. Do you think that's not a good idea?

Jul 13, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #22 of 23
Well.. if its really better than the Se530, its a great idea..

Jul 13, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #23 of 23
Seems that the RE0 has better details, indeed on its treble. But the SE530 should have a beter midrange and bass, one of the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back