American Idol IEM Pictures Inside
May 24, 2006 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

trevor1189

100+ Head-Fier
Well I don't usually watch American Idol, but my tivo started recording it as a "tivo suggestion" so I just let it go. But then I noticed their iems were easily identifiable, so I figured I would post some pictures. Don't mind the watermark on the images, I had to use a demo software to get the frame shots from the video.

Here is a pretty clear picture of the iem they use, although I don't know what it is, looks like old shure/westone model,???
americanidoliem7ep.jpg

Here is a picture of the host playing with the girls wireless iem system after it went dead in the begining of her song.
americanidoliem22lo.jpg

Here is another picture of him.
americanidoliem39in.jpg

This is a pretty useless thread and I know that almost none of you guys like American Idol (I don't really like it either), but I thought I would post some screenshots so everyone could see what "ear gear" they are using.
PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS THREAD INTO A "I HATE AMERICAN IDOL...." THREAD

May 24, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #3 of 14
Yes, most likely ec-1s. The body of them in the first picture is a clear giveaway.

May 24, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by dan1son
http://www.shopping.com/xPF-Shure_Sh...ion_Ear_Phones

They definitely look like e1c's to me... cheaper than custom fit I suppose
smily_headphones1.gif

That is what I was thinking, but I didn't even think they made the e1c anymore.
confused.gif

You would think for the last two finalists, they could make them some custom iems, that way they aren't falling out of their ears.
rolleyes.gif

May 24, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #5 of 14
It's a sad day when we have a thread with pics of Ryan Seacrest, Taylor Hicks, and Shure IEM's, and none of a "honey" like Catherine McPhee
tongue.gif

katharine.jpg

[size=xx-small]Oh and yeah, they're the E1c's[/size]

May 24, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #7 of 14
it went dead?

i missed it tonight (i'm a fan of american idol - make fun of me if you want
rolleyes.gif
)

May 24, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by derek8555
E1C's! OMG
eek.gif
I didn't know someone would use anything that ugly
very_evil_smiley.gif

Performers usually select flesh toned iems so that it blends in on stage.

To the regular person they are usually not even aware they have them on. I think we notice them because we head-fiers are especially cognizant of such things. I was just thinking about that...if I didn't get into this hobby like I have I don't think I would have noticed the contestants wearing iems.

May 24, 2006 at 5:27 AM Post #10 of 14
jpelg is sorda right though.
biggrin.gif

But yes..on-stage performers use IEMs. :|

May 24, 2006 at 8:25 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by trevor1189
Well I don't usually watch American Idol, but my tivo started recording it as a "tivo suggestion" so I just let it go.

There's no need for the denial, AI is a guilty pleasure for many of us here.
wink.gif

May 24, 2006 at 8:45 AM Post #12 of 14
Man... AI. How can you listen to such crap...
biggrin.gif

(goes off and hides in his JPop IEM thread...
biggrin.gif
)

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

P.S. w00t! Go Idol stars & IEM! BTW, wouldn't those be Shure E1?

May 24, 2006 at 9:37 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by mektarus
There's no need for the denial, AI is a guilty pleasure for many of us here.
wink.gif

Actually I really don't watch the show but I have a fairly new tivo and i just don't use the thumbs up thumbs down thing enough so it records some crap that I don't want. But when I heard them talking about their iems on tv my head turned from the computer and I was like hooked on the tv. It is funny what head-fi can do to you.
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
It's a sad day when we have a thread with pics of Ryan Seacrest, Taylor Hicks, and Shure IEM's, and none of a "honey" like Catherine McPhee

Sorry after seeing the iem "disaster" on stage, I tryed to find one of her with them but her hair usually covers them up.

P.S. nothing wrong with American Idol but I seriously don't watch it. I am more inclined to watch shows such as 24 (which the season finale rocked for you fellow Jack Bauer fans
biggrin.gif
), Seinfeld, Friends, & pretty much anything else on tbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back