American History X
Sep 29, 2007 at 4:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

arnoldsoccer4

500+ Head-Fier
Wow, just watched it after seeing it on so many people's favorite movie lists, incredible and disturbing at the same time, really an excellent movie. I will never look at Edward Norton the same.

I also watched The Boondock Saints based on so many recommendations from here. That is also an excellent movie. Next up is Requiem for a Dream.

Sep 29, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #2 of 24
It really is an amazing movie. Although I like most everything that Edward Norton has done, American History X is one of those movies that really made me think, kinda like Fight Club. That was a great movie too.

Sep 29, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #3 of 24
Classic movie. The curb scene gets me every time though *shudders*

Requiem is a totally different movie.. I'm still not sure if I liked it or not. Prepare for a seriously depressing movie
frown.gif

Sep 29, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #6 of 24
Oh boy, Requiem for a Dream shortly following American History X... Talk about a fatiguing movie line up! Don't get me wrong, they are some of the best movies out there, but man those two are the most depressing I know.

Sep 29, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyKarma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Classic movie. The curb scene gets me every time though *shudders*

Yeah totally, no matter how many times I see it I just have to grimace. I also feel so uncomfortable for Elliott Gould when he's over for dinner.
The movie is disturbing, but in a very soul searching way, and with a very strong and positive message.

Sep 29, 2007 at 8:36 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by arnoldsoccer4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, just watched it after seeing it on so many people's favorite movie lists, incredible and disturbing at the same time, really an excellent movie. I will never look at Edward Norton the same.

I also watched The Boondock Saints based on so many recommendations from here. That is also an excellent movie. Next up is Requiem for a Dream.

Requiem for a dream is the best of the three. I know that American History X is very highly rated by many, but I'm still confused as to why it is.

Sep 29, 2007 at 9:25 AM Post #11 of 24
"Boondock Saints" is really good, "American History X" has great acting (the content is a little after-school special).

Requiem for a Dream is a terrible movie. I dislike movies that are made with what seems like the intent to only shock the audience. "π" (pi) and "The Fountain" are much better Aronofsky movies IMO.

If you haven't seen "Sunshine", I highly recommend it.

Sep 29, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Requiem for a dream is the best of the three. I know that American History X is very highly rated by many, but I'm still confused as to why it is.

Agreed. American History X was WAY too predictable to me and because of that not very enjoyable. I do like Norton as an actor though.

Sep 29, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #14 of 24
I really liked American History X. Requiem for a Dream is absolutely great. Gives you a screwed up feeling at the end, I like that. Fight Club, Boondock Saints and Pi are awesome as well.

Sep 29, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathisia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Boondock Saints" is really good, "American History X" has great acting (the content is a little after-school special).

Requiem for a Dream is a terrible movie. I dislike movies that are made with what seems like the intent to only shock the audience. "π" (pi) and "The Fountain" are much better Aronofsky movies IMO.

If you haven't seen "Sunshine", I highly recommend it.

Come on, you telling me you didn't enjoy being shocked by that last scene with Jennifer Connelly
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back