AME Custom Argent IEMs with electret driver
Oct 11, 2019 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4
AME Custom sent me a pair of these, and I like them a lot, though I rather wish it had been the other model with the dynamic driver for the bass. They don't, at least to me, have that "BA treble", and sound very open, but I miss not having serious bass.

Here's my video review of them.

Jan 10, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #2 of 4
No further impressions?

I just received them as part of the Âme tour... I'll soon post my impressions :)

Image d’iOS (113).jpg

Jan 15, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #3 of 4
Wrong thread

Attachments

• CDF8FA77-1F34-42CF-955B-4A0572CC0036.jpeg
    CDF8FA77-1F34-42CF-955B-4A0572CC0036.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #4 of 4
I've been listening to these part of the AME tour. Very positive first impression for the Argent Hybrid. I really like the bass response quality of the DUAL BA drivers, tight, resolving, but impactful. I've heard tighter and more resolving BA bass, so my first thoughts are this must have been tuned a little towards dynamic driver bass response, or specific to the type of driver used. The electrostat treble is really nice, detailed but not treble forward sounding. I am wondering what one of these electrostat drivers could do in the midrange also. That said, the midrange is well present and with very nice body. I would have not guessed this is all done by a single midrange BA driver, so I wonder how steep that treble cross-over is.

So far I prefer the Argent over the Radioso, the latter having DD driver for the bass and more electrostat treble drivers. This model does not sound as cohesive to me as the Argent, it seems a bit more U shaped and I do like my midrange presence. The latter is harder to drive also.

All my listening so far has been on my phone + Ztella ESS Sabre 9281CPRO (MQA version) DAC, so that has to be factored in also.

More impressions to follow in due time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back