AMC CD8B vs.Cambridge Audio D300SE........Opinions?
Jul 31, 2001 at 5:25 PM Post #31 of 34
Update:
Thanks once again to everyone who responded, I've just purchased the AMC CD8B and the Marantz CD6000OSE. They should be here by next week. I still may (probably) get the Cambridge as well, but I have to find an excellent deal. I really have to stop this madness.
Price for both CDPs (used...."pre-owned" sounds better)— $350 shipped.
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2001 at 5:52 PM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
Update:
Thanks once again to everyone who responded, I've just purchased the AMC CD8B and the Marantz CD6000OSE. They should be here by next week. I still may (probably) get the Cambridge as well, but I have to find an excellent deal. I really have to stop this madness.
Price for both CDPs (used...."pre-owned" sounds better)— $350 shipped.
biggrin.gif

Heck, if you now find a good deal on a "pre-owned" DAC, like a CAL Sigma II (I like it better than MSB Link DAC) or something ($350 range), you'll probably come out ahead.

Enjoy.

Brian.

Jul 31, 2001 at 9:31 PM Post #34 of 34
Another update:
The MO for the AMC is in the mail, but the guy who I had an agreement with to buy the Marantz reneged and sold it locally.......he said he was in desperate need of cash. So that means that only the AMC will be arriving. But it also means I can keep shopping.........I think that's part of the addiction. The search continues......but I actually might do the intelligent thing and wait until I hear the AMC before getting another one......nah!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back