Ambient/Min Electronic fans. WOW! This cd is very cool, full album in mp3 on site!
Jul 1, 2005 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Svperstar

1000+ Head-Fier
I am a big fan of ambient music, I am listening to www.sleepbot.com right now at work, I am pretty jaded when it comes to the genre, very rarely does something grab me with any sort of intensity.

This guy is really good though, Akira Rabelais - Spellewauerynsherde.

I have been listening to this repeating for 3 days now at work, has a very addictive/hypnotic quality to it. Very very minimalist and abstract in nature, mixes together some kind of recorded icelandic chants from the 60s and weird electronic.

It sounds great on my work cans but on my home rig there is some compression artifacts, I am going to order the cd soon so I can hear it in lossless.

The record label site to listen is in flash so to get to the music go here
http://www.samadhisound.com/

Then click Catalogue on the bottom, click on Akira Rabelais - Spellewauerynsherde and the player should load up. The track I like the most is # 4, 1483 Caxton Golden Leg. 208 b/2.

Jul 2, 2005 at 12:08 AM Post #2 of 5
Not bad at all, thanks for the linkage
smily_headphones1.gif
David Sylvian was a pretty interesting listen too.

Jul 3, 2005 at 7:00 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
I actually find Spellewauerynsherde a little disturbing, heh. But it sounds quite interesting - I only wish I had headphones with better soundstage to try it out with.

I agree. A lot of times people use the terms "haunting" and "ethereal" are used to describe Ambient but this is one of those times where the description matches it 100% lol, kinda creeps me out but its also addictive.

I've listened to track # 4, 1483 Caxton Golden Leg. 208 b/2, about 25 times now.

This Akira guy has designed a lot of music software, and its used by a lot of different electronic musicians, Scanner being one of them.

Haven't ordered the cd yet, will soon though, I listen to Ambient radio all day at work and its very rare that I drop what I am doing and search the web trying to find an artists webpage :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back