Ambient Acoustics Laboratory — CIEM makers from Ukraine
Aug 26, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #76 of 120
Woops forgot to mention, yes they figured out the low driver on my MH334 was damaged and will repair it for a price.
Which fitear iem? I know they have experience reshelling the parterre.
Send them an email or Facebook message to confirm, but they definitely will be able to reshell it.

Hi Panohm, bingo I intend to reshell my parterre. I have just PMed them on FB. Did you send your ear impression to them as well?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlDCPQqAS8e/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=a4h8jlpf3bjy
In fact here's a fitear parterre reshell they did recently.
I've just recently paid for my order but I hope to have my customs mid September.

Thanks for the photo!

Aug 27, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #77 of 120
Hi Panohm, bingo I intend to reshell my parterre. I have just PMed them on FB. Did you send your ear impression to them as well?

Thanks for the photo!
Yes the flow goes like this:
Fill out the IEM reshell editor on the website https://ambient-acoustics.ua/app/index.php?Language=eng Make sure to choose "Remolding service" -> "Complex remolding Service" (for fitears)
Someone will email you to finalize the design details.
Get impressions, take pictures of them for verification via email and then send them in along with your earphones for inspection.
They inspect the earphones to make sure they're working properly (Driver damage, channel imbalance, acoustic filter damage, faulty wiring)
Pay for your order via Western Union
They reshell in about 4 weeks turnaround at the moment.
I'm at the last step, the dreaded wait time :p

Aug 27, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #78 of 120
Yes the flow goes like this:
Fill out the IEM reshell editor on the website https://ambient-acoustics.ua/app/index.php?Language=eng Make sure to choose "Remolding service" -> "Complex remolding Service" (for fitears)
Someone will email you to finalize the design details.
Get impressions, take pictures of them for verification via email and then send them in along with your earphones for inspection.
They inspect the earphones to make sure they're working properly (Driver damage, channel imbalance, acoustic filter damage, faulty wiring)
Pay for your order via Western Union
They reshell in about 4 weeks turnaround at the moment.
I'm at the last step, the dreaded wait time :p

Thanks Panohm for the quick step by step instructions. Appreciate it. Going to make an appointment for my ear impression. Cant wait to see your CIEM as well. By the way, which country are you from?

Dec 24, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #80 of 120
Our new work. Remolding service of Empire Ears Zeus XR

piotr 1.png piotr 2.png

Apr 25, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #85 of 120
Are Universal monitors in black and clear colors bored and not interesting for you? Our MAD16 monitors are in the emerald shells with faceplates from hybrid material.

162.png

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #86 of 120
67891416_3024355614271906_7144623250163630080_n.png
67458743_3024184660955668_5832802687342608384_n.png
67456772_3024184567622344_4155157086788911104_n.png

And here comes a new lineup MAD. Quote from official FB

Dear friends, it is not a secret for anyone that for a very long time we have been busy with the development and introduction of new technologies. We have spent a lot of strength and time to create monitors, which we are very proud. One of the models of MAD line was remade 30 times until we reached the desired sound but it was worth it.
And now we are ready to tell you about our new MAD technology more detail. Get ready, there are a lot of text and yes, the whole new line is already on our website: www.ambient-acoustics.ua

More details:
While designing multiband earphones, there are used the same methods as for designing the multiband acoustic system. The only difference is the size of cases where it is necessary to place the drivers and electrical components. In the case of custom earphones, the internal dimensions of the shell are limited by the size of the human ears. Therefore, frequency division can be carried out by the simplest passive electric crossovers (frequency filters).

As usual, these are passive filters of low and high frequencies of the first order. Capacitors and inductors of various ratings are used as passive elements in such filters. These filters perfectly fulfill the role of limiting a frequency band of drivers, they have a transition band sharpness, linear Amplitude & Frequency Characteristics in the transmission range (hereinafter referred to as AFC), and, most importantly, are easy to implement! This allows you to get a smooth AFC of multi-band custom earphones. However, it is worth to note that the smooth final AFC of the earphones will not be perceived as “smooth” by ear and this is the main problem of applying such filters. This is due to the fact that the simplest passive filters, having a linear AFC in the transmission zone, have a completely non-linear phase frequency characteristic (hereinafter referred to as PFC), i.e. the time it takes for the signal to pass through the filter is frequency dependent.

Thus, some frequencies at the junction of the filter bands are “delayed” / “ahead” in time relatively to others. When you compose music from different frequency bands, there are audible “mismatch” of the boundaries of drivers playback with the human ear in the overall picture. As a result, while listening to a tone picture becomes “fragmental”, “crumbly” or “non-coherent”. This may explain the difference between the earphones sound with the same AFC but different electrical phase distortion. Each manufacturer of multiband earphones in its own way corrects the phase distortion of the earphones, but, to achieve an ideal harmonization of the frequency bands in the phase domain, unfortunately will not work with this approach. To solve problems with frequency bands phase matching of multi-driver earphones, Ambient Acoustics laboratory has developed a new unique design approach. The separation of frequency bands is carried out without the use of electric passive filters, but due to the natural blockage of the AFC of each driver. And also with the help of various acoustic load of the oscillating circuit of the system of sound guides for drivers and acoustic rejective filters.

This allowed us to avoid the parasitic effects of using capacitors and inductances in the structure of the earphones, thereby increasing the linearity of their impedance and the electrical phase in the entire frequency range! This, in turn, increased the "fusion" and "coherence" of the sound of all MAD series models, and the impedance linearity almost completely removed the influence of the dependence of the sound source on their sound pattern!

Nov 18, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #87 of 120
Such a shame that Ambient Acoustics is not so discussed here on Head-fi, they definitly deserve more visibility!

I own AM7-LAM for more than a year and half adn still use them and love them, switch signature were well tuned and not a light change between each. If you are looking for somehting in the same soundsig as Andromeda or PP8, you have to try them!

image.php

And I decided few weeks ago to try to find a company to reshell my VE8 in europe and they were okay, here the result:

image.php

Fit & quality are perfect, I can just recommend this company over and over (even more if you are looking for reshelling complex CIEM)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back