AMB Mini3 Issue
Dec 5, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #5 of 16

Quote:
Pics of your solder job?

I bought it used back at Feb. I didn't build it myself, sorry if that's the impression I was giving out.

thought i might try a solder repair, since the problem goes away when i push down any of the Jacks or the Volume knob at the front of the amp

Quote:
Maybe the stereo potentiometer is damage, try to replace it..

well i already looked into that along with maybe buying  2 new jacks, the stuff is very cheap. what I wanna know is the shipping cost and delivery time.

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #7 of 16

Quote:
Pics of it

Thank for the effort, but I solved the issue I added some solder to the 4th and 6th point of the potentiometer and now no spikes on the right driver (forgot to mention the problem was only on one side) I guess the solder was too light and I dropped it a couple of time throughout the months. thanks for the help 

Dec 7, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #8 of 16
Those battery terminals are ridiculous, how are they even attached? There is like NO solder holding the B- contact in place, that hole needs to be COMPLETELY filled with solder.

Dec 7, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #9 of 16

Quote:
Those battery terminals are ridiculous, how are they even attached? There is like NO solder holding the B- contact in place, that hole needs to be COMPLETELY filled with solder.

I know, those are just like that because I need to desolder to trim when I get the battery that will use. (Rechargeable).

Feb 27, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #12 of 16
OK now I have another issue, My mini3 now only at max volume outputs sound on the right driver and at a extremely low volume, I notice brown stuff on almost every solder point at the back but don't notice any leakage from any of the components, not sure how this is possible unless something spill on my Mini3, but i don't see how that's the case ethier

Users who are viewing this thread

Back