Amazon Selling New $20 CX300 from third party sellers with 100% positive feed back.
Jul 3, 2007 at 7:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

Bisco82

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

I just decided to take the risk of ordering a set of CX-300's in black from a third party amazon seller with a 100% feedback rating. Despite the high rating, I believe that the too low price of $19.97 plus S&A of 4.99 is still too good to be true. I do in fact own a pair of real CX-300's in silver that are about a year old and still work pretty well, they are just cosmetically nicked up as they are used for portable use around campus and have not had the greatest care. ID'ing them as real/fake for me should not be too daunting of a task, but do any of you know for a fact if this even has a chance of being legit? I should get them in the mail late this week/early next week.

Thanks,

Rob

Jul 3, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #4 of 47
Buying stuff from vendors is the way to go on Amazon. Stuff is generally way cheaper and they ship lightning fast. They work off feedback so they try to make you happy. On the few cases where I have not been totally happy Amozon actually steps in and guarantees everything. If you file a claim- they will literally pay you back for every dime, including shipping with very little inconvenience. I am a big fan of Amazon.

If they turn out to be fake- I am sure you will get your money back plus you will get to keep a fake pair for your troubles.

Jul 3, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #6 of 47
I look forward the results of your purchase.

I would be very careful as the knockoffs are very good these days. Even the packaging is detailed.

Jul 3, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #7 of 47
The merchant that I bought from amazonpartners2. This seller seems to have run out of the item, but other merchants also are selling this item (not all have the same 100% Seller feedback) Here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...3492916&sr=8-1

Let me know what you think

Jul 3, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #8 of 47
Again, I do own a legit 100% authentic CX300 in Silver... so as far as sound, build etc go I should be able to lend a discerning ear and I will definately post my findings in a few days when mine come and and let you all know if it is a steal for the price or in fact the fakes that is the most likely scenario for the price.

Jul 3, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #9 of 47
This will be interesting.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #10 of 47
I am aware that there are a ton of knockoffs out there for this model, the obvious things to detect seem to be a gold plated plug that does not have a 90 degree termination , shady packaging, and the filter being on the outside instead of on the inside (if you have done some research on the knockoffs, you will know what I mean by this) and of course, the sound sig will likely be different

Jul 4, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #11 of 47
I should be getting them Friday. I have heard now that there have been rumors of people who have recieved fake pairs from amazon before on a different thread... although that person was also trying to sell off 2 pairs himself... has anyone heard anything about fakes via amazon?

Jul 7, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #13 of 47
So heres what happened. I open the package and right away, I notice the silicon tips. The CX300 I own in silver have sort of a matte finish on their tips...these ones are sort of like the sony ones in that they are glossy, and also a lot softer and flimsier than the CX300 tips that I own. After peeling off the silicon tips, I noticed the grills on the buds. They have a domed appearance to them... my original grills are flat. Also, the rectangular rubberized plastic part where the L and R wires split on one side and are connected on the miniplug side is twice the size on the pair i just recieved as it was on my originals.

Aside from that, they appear to be quite similar. The plug terminates at 90 degrees, is silvertone, and the packaging appears passable, definately in the blister packaging... no warranty slip or anything like that, except I don't recall if there was one in my original pack or not with my silver CX300.

When I get a bit more time, I will post some pictures and comment on sound quality.

Can anyone comment on the differences I observed? Is there anything else I can look for?

The pair otherwise is very similar.

Jul 7, 2007 at 7:13 AM Post #15 of 47
"20 bucks!"

What is that supposed to mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back