Amazon launches Music HD with lossless streaming
Dec 6, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #1,906 of 2,015
Seems like they changed it for mobile app. Looks weird now and not as good as before the change today.
I'm just glad they they finally fixed the resizing issue with foldable phones. My Amazon Music app no longer restarts every time I open and close my Samsung Galaxy Fold 5. It now resizes properly and finally works in split screen view. Weird looking (maybe smaller?) font and layout is a small price to pay for me I guess.

Dec 6, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #1,907 of 2,015
The Ultra HD button is badly located (too close to Play) and the covers are not loading automatically

Dec 21, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #1,910 of 2,015
Still no bit-perfect output.
Yeah, tried it few days ago on PC as my Qobuz subscription is running out, still a no go. Sound quality is also quite poor when comparing same tracks with Qobuz.
How hard it is to finish what you started with all those money? Typical scamazon.
Sounds like Qobuz for me this year as well.

Jan 28, 2024 at 7:15 AM Post #1,911 of 2,015
Anyone here using a FiiO M11 Plus ESS with Amazon Music Unlimited?

Whatever song I am playing on the Amazon Music App, HD or Ultra HD, the sample rate at the top of the DAP is showing 192K = kHz.

Checking the Audio Quality in the Amazon App, it shows the same values for the entire chain, for example:
Track quality: 24-bit/44.1kHz --- FiiO M11 Plus: 24-bit/44.1kHz -- Output: 24-bit/44.1kHz

So, am I listening to a bit-perfect playback or not? Is it 44.1 kHz or 192 kHz?

Jan 28, 2024 at 8:24 AM Post #1,912 of 2,015
Anyone here using a FiiO M11 Plus ESS with Amazon Music Unlimited?

Whatever song I am playing on the Amazon Music App, HD or Ultra HD, the sample rate at the top of the DAP is showing 192K = kHz.

Checking the Audio Quality in the Amazon App, it shows the same values for the entire chain, for example:
Track quality: 24-bit/44.1kHz --- FiiO M11 Plus: 24-bit/44.1kHz -- Output: 24-bit/44.1kHz

So, am I listening to a bit-perfect playback or not? Is it 44.1 kHz or 192 kHz?
If you're on a Windows PC using the the app, it's not bit perfect. Unlike other music streaming service apps (Qobuz, Tidal, etc.), the Amazon Music app doesn't provide a way to get the exclusive connection to the DAC for bit-perfect (automatically setting bit / depth).

Jan 28, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #1,913 of 2,015
If you're on a Windows PC using the the app, it's not bit perfect. Unlike other music streaming service apps (Qobuz, Tidal, etc.), the Amazon Music app doesn't provide a way to get the exclusive connection to the DAC for bit-perfect (automatically setting bit / depth).
Thanks for your reply! :)

No, I am using the FiiO M11 Plus ESS DAP. Got it yesterday and I am testing it. On their website, they say: third party Apps won't be limited by SRC (Sampling Rate Convertor)

Just wondering if this applies to Amazon Music App, as well

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #1,915 of 2,015
That may be true if you leave it on the default settings, but it does have the option to take exclusive control of the audio device. If your audio device has the ability to do bit perfect playback, then it will do bit perfect playback.
Unless this has changed over the last couple of years, the "exclusive" mode in the Amazon Music app didn't work that way when I was using it. It would prevent other devices from sending sound through the "locked" device, but it would not change the bit rate / depth on the device based on the track being played.

Jan 28, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #1,916 of 2,015
Unless this has changed over the last couple of years, the "exclusive" mode in the Amazon Music app didn't work that way when I was using it. It would prevent other devices from sending sound through the "locked" device, but it would not change the bit rate / depth on the device based on the track being played.
You are right, it does not change. I've just checked by connecting my Mojo 2 to my laptop. The power button light of the Mojo 2, indicating the sample rate when music is playing, remains permanently blue, as I've set the sample rate at 192 kHz in Windows 11. It does not change to red (44.1 kHz) when a song at 44.1 kHz is playing in the Amazon App.

Bit-perfect playback is working flawlessly both with Foobar2000 and the Qobuz App, on my laptop.

Anyways, I've tried this just out of curiosity. My question was, if bit-perfect is feasible on a DAP. It seems that, not only it's not possible on a DAP but it's not even possible on Windows.

This is why I've just subscribed to Qobuz. Bit perfect on my smartphone via UAPP and on the DAP without.

My Amazon Music Unlimited annual subscription ends at the end of this year. If they won't enable bit-perfect, I will cancel it.

Jan 28, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #1,918 of 2,015
It works for my Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 5 Rx, since that's the thing controlling the bit perfect play back. I can tell it switches because there is a little pop when it does.
Not necessarily. You can get those faint "click / pop" sounds when the rate changes because the Windows processor is acknowledging the rate change. It doesn't mean that the Windows processor is passing that rate change to the DAC. In any case, if you like the way it sounds, it doesn't really matter much. :relaxed:

Jan 28, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #1,919 of 2,015
Not necessarily. You can get those faint "click / pop" sounds when the rate changes because the Windows processor is acknowledging the rate change. It doesn't mean that the Windows processor is passing that rate change to the DAC. In any case, if you like the way it sounds, it doesn't really matter much. :relaxed:
You keep wording your replies in ways that shrug off what I say. I did not include the nitty gritty details of the tests I conducted to know what's going on with my sound card. So I guess that's on me. I was only trying to say that it is possible to get pit perfect playback on Windows with the Amazon music app. I just didn't know it was so hard or impossible for other people.

Either way, I agree: If it sounds good to you, you're doing it right.

Jan 28, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #1,920 of 2,015
You keep wording your replies in ways that shrug off what I say. I did not include the nitty gritty details of the tests I conducted to know what's going on with my sound card. So I guess that's on me. I was only trying to say that it is possible to get pit perfect playback on Windows with the Amazon music app. I just didn't know it was so hard or impossible for other people.

Either way, I agree: If it sounds good to you, you're doing it right.
Apologies if I came across as dismissive, that was not my intent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back