Amazon launches Music HD with lossless streaming
Oct 2, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #392 of 1,996
Ok, reloaded application on LGV30. No dice. Still some songs in standard quality. However, now when I click on the HD/exclamation point it pops up a window explaining that the track is standard quality. I guess I have to figure out a way to wipe out the albums/songs that are SD and replace with HD. Much of my music did convert to HD automatically. Some did not. I'm going to test again tonight HD vs. HD on Tidal. I felt the quality was better on Tidal. We will see. (a real pain to have to deal with this over a few bucks a month). I'm good through Jan 2020 on Amazon HD so I have time.

I have had similar issues on my phone (Galaxy S9) since the Amazon Music HD service launched and am starting to suspect it may have to do with some tracks that Media Monkey imported on my phone (some of these are MP3s I have purchased from Amazon). I emailed Amazon when the new service launched about the issue but they wanted to troubleshoot live. I just spent 5 hours on the phone with them regarding AMZL shipping/delivery issues over the last 2 weeks so I think I am done talking to Amazon CS for a while. For now, I am slowly recreating my playlists on Amazon to see if removing the music from my phone will help fix the issue. I am also having to constantly logout and log back in because songs I add to my playlist are not showing up until I do so (or the app tells me that a song I have never added before is already on my playlist and clicking "Refresh My Music" or clearing cache does nothing).

I agree this is a real pain to deal with and given how buggy the app is, I will probably go back to buying CDs when my trial is up unless the service improves substantially.

Oct 2, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #394 of 1,996
I just went 10 or more version on AM none of the are 192. Care to be more specific?

Try Lonestar in that album. Shows up as Track Quality 24/192 for me although my phone is only capable of 24/48 so I can't verify it..

Oct 2, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #395 of 1,996
Ok, reloaded application on LGV30. No dice. Still some songs in standard quality. However, now when I click on the HD/exclamation point it pops up a window explaining that the track is standard quality. I guess I have to figure out a way to wipe out the albums/songs that are SD and replace with HD. Much of my music did convert to HD automatically. Some did not. I'm going to test again tonight HD vs. HD on Tidal. I felt the quality was better on Tidal. We will see. (a real pain to have to deal with this over a few bucks a month). I'm good through Jan 2020 on Amazon HD so I have time.
Did you delete from app's to be deleted file on your v30?

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #397 of 1,996
Try Lonestar in that album. Shows up as Track Quality 24/192 for me although my phone is only capable of 24/48 so I can't verify it..
I searched for 192kHz and it found a song by Supertramp.

Oct 3, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #399 of 1,996
Oct 3, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #401 of 1,996
Anyone noticed the massive battery drain with HiRes content? On my ipod touch (1000 mAh battery), it‘s completely killing a fully charged battery in 1 hour! The ipod is also getting really hot to touch.

Oct 3, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #402 of 1,996
I just went 10 or more version on AM none of the are 192. Care to be more specific?
Joni Mitchell
Did you delete from app's to be deleted file on your v30?
I deleted the app from my phone and then reloaded it. Did I go through all my music and delete just to have to redownload it all again? No. If I have to go to that extreme I will give up. I did clean up alot of SD files I had and upgraded them to HD through manual operation. Some tracks/albums did this automatically some did not. I listened for 90 minutes on several tracks between Tidal and Amazon HD. Still prefer Tidal. Better pop and clarity. Would listen to 30 seconds to a minute or until a verse turns to the chorus of the track so I was listening apples to apples. Amazon HD is a bit louder but cloudier. Will keep comparing and see where it leads. But Tidal is a bit better sounding on my gear. LGV30 running directly to Periodic Audio Carbons and Be's and through JDS Labs Atom from LGV30.

Oct 3, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #403 of 1,996
I have had similar issues on my phone (Galaxy S9) since the Amazon Music HD service launched and am starting to suspect it may have to do with some tracks that Media Monkey imported on my phone (some of these are MP3s I have purchased from Amazon). I emailed Amazon when the new service launched about the issue but they wanted to troubleshoot live. I just spent 5 hours on the phone with them regarding AMZL shipping/delivery issues over the last 2 weeks so I think I am done talking to Amazon CS for a while. For now, I am slowly recreating my playlists on Amazon to see if removing the music from my phone will help fix the issue. I am also having to constantly logout and log back in because songs I add to my playlist are not showing up until I do so (or the app tells me that a song I have never added before is already on my playlist and clicking "Refresh My Music" or clearing cache does nothing).

I agree this is a real pain to deal with and given how buggy the app is, I will probably go back to buying CDs when my trial is up unless the service improves substantially.
It is a decent app. I prefer the listening and navigational experience from Tidal over Amazon. I have both through January 2020 so I can continue to test/compare. Tidal is just easier. I can listen to an entire album and when it's over the app continues to play/select tracks of a similar sound. Good discovery tool. Amazon has Playlists but I find them off base and not as appealing generally. The sound on Amazon is less clear, percussion doesn't pop, and the volume is a bit louder at the same setting, same gear, as I have it set on Tidal. They are closer than what I had previously said given I now have HD play back on my comparison tracks but Tidal is preferred.

Oct 3, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #404 of 1,996
Anyone noticed the massive battery drain with HiRes content? On my ipod touch (1000 mAh battery), it‘s completely killing a fully charged battery in 1 hour! The ipod is also getting really hot to touch.

I use an iPhone 7 connected to an iFi micro BL. If i listen to Ultra HD quality the battery goes from 100% to flat in 3 hours.

I hope they fix this. ..

Oct 3, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #405 of 1,996
I use an iPhone 7 connected to an iFi micro BL. If i listen to Ultra HD quality the battery goes from 100% to flat in 3 hours.

I hope they fix this. ..

Ok, then it's abiut the same for you. The battery iof an iPhone 7 is about x2 the size of that in an iPod, but I also power a DFR off the iPod...

I actually doubt they will ever fix it. Amazon was never good at optinization, even before HD it was the heaviest on battery app from all the competition (itunes, spotify, tidal)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back