Amazon DT880 woes
Jan 8, 2013 at 1:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

emperorpwl

New Head-Fier
So I purchased a pair of 600Ohm DT880 on Amazon for a decent price last week. Yesterday I received the headphones only to find that they shipped out the 32Ohm version :frowning2: Amazon has amazing return/replacement policy, but it looks like there's going to be another week of waiting.

Does anyone else have similar experience? I really hope they don't mess up the replacement order.

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
So I purchased a pair of 600Ohm DT880 on Amazon for a decent price last week. Yesterday I received the headphones only to find that they shipped out the 32Ohm version :frowning2: Amazon has amazing return/replacement policy, but it looks like there's going to be another week of waiting.

Does anyone else have similar experience? I really hope they don't mess up the replacement order.

I had the same problem this past fall, twice, from amazon warehouse (refurb).  I gave up and got them from a third party seller on amazon and got the right thing.  You'd think by now they would have "gotten" it but obviously not.  Good luck with someone actually looking on the box for the right ohms.

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
I had the same problem this past fall, twice, from amazon warehouse (refurb).  I gave up and got them from a third party seller on amazon and got the right thing.  You'd think by now they would have "gotten" it but obviously not.  Good luck with someone actually looking on the box for the right ohms.

oh man, that definitely does not give me any confidence in the replacement. That's a shame because the price was pretty good :frowning2:

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 7
What shipping policy is that? To send the wrong thing each time?

You people in the States are lucky. I'm in Oz and every time I try to order something I get a "Cannot ship to your default address" notice. Well, at least that way they can't send me the wrong thing.   

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #6 of 7
I ordered a used Fiio E9 from Amazon Warehouse and was sent the wrong item twice. After going through the two rounds of returns, I contacted customer service saying I was extremely disappointed because I specifically ordered the amplifier early, before my new headphones would arrive. They offered to ship me a new E9, for the used price -- and threw in one day shipping as well. I love Amazon's customer service!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back