Amazing what you find out from profile diving
Nov 26, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #17 of 30
profiles are interesting, and they let you know where the person posting is coming from. Personally I can't understand lurkers, head-fi is such a welcoming and friendly forum its hard to believe anyone would think they have nothing useful or valid to contribute. If nothing else, at least come and chat in the lounge!

Nov 26, 2006 at 9:07 PM Post #18 of 30
Just updated my profile coz of this thread
tongue.gif

Nov 26, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We also seem to have a LOT of members that have been around for at least a year but don't post very much. Wonder what's holding them back?

There are quite a few of us, I'm sure, that are not bitten by the headfi bug. I joined in late 2003. A few months after that I bought my first and only pair of headfi cans. I do lurk and comment on the occassion when I see newcomers asking for help.

I've done very well to be able to lurk and post(albeit rarely these days) and not feel the urge to upgrade.
biggrin.gif
I consider myself blessed.

I did sell my previous cans of yore. I am currently using my bros SA5000s that he has not had use for.

Nov 27, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most people are too lazy or occupied listening to music to edit their profiles.

I get particularly anoyed when members create threads and then isntead of updating the first post with new information, they just keep posting one-line-posts. There is one particular member, who speaks a lot about portable amps that does this all the time, it really pixxxx me off!

There is always the "ignore list".
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #23 of 30
i update my profile whenever i get new stuff. it's amazing how some people have so much stuff.

profile link in my sig...
tongue.gif

Nov 27, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #24 of 30
i gave up updating my profile since it changes every 2 seconds lol - now i just put the up to date stuff in my sig and let the more recent items that i abandoned fall into the pit.

Nov 27, 2006 at 9:04 AM Post #25 of 30
I update mine every know and then however I sort of just create (or destroy) things on a whim so I have the same approach to my profile, update it every know and then when whatever info in their is set in stone rather than partially done or a potential purchase.

Nov 27, 2006 at 2:09 PM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the other hand there are crazy ones like me who post way to much. Hey don't hate me because I have no life!
blink.gif
icon10.gif

I for one have a small post count but I've visited here daily since my join date. I find I enjoy just reading the forums especially member's lounge. Being new to the headphone scene I find myself unable to provide much assistance to anyone, so the brunt of my time goes into browsing the members lounge and commenting once in awhile.

Nov 27, 2006 at 3:51 PM Post #27 of 30
I like reading profiles. I've been around here a while so it's especially fun to check in on people who I saw join and ask about "the best amp for my Grado SR-60?", compared to the four pages of gear they show now.

Nov 27, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i gave up updating my profile since it changes every 2 seconds lol - now i just put the up to date stuff in my sig and let the more recent items that i abandoned fall into the pit.

LOL, that sig is awesome, love the links.

Nov 27, 2006 at 4:07 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I put my up-to-date information in my sig as I never really knew what to put in my profile. I should really update my sig so it only shows what I have got now and let the older stuff slide away into my profile instead.

Nov 27, 2006 at 5:45 PM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tend to dive into profiles as well. but don't have myself any sort secret motive. I tend to check whether the guy has heard much relavent gear before I take note of what they're saying. Also, if somebody has NO profile filled out, then I ignore pretty much everything they say, as they are lazy.

Laziness is the motor of new and improved technology.
tongue.gif

But you're right, you just reminded me to put something in my profile.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back