Amazing Tips for Soundmagic PL-50
Nov 19, 2010 at 8:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

88Chris

100+ Head-Fier
hello, everyone.
sorry if this doesn't make much sense. i was stuck in traffic all day, and am super tired...

i got my PL-50's from ALO, today, and was super psyched to give them a listen. but none of the included tips fit my ears (i guess i have huge ear canals?). which was weird to me, cause the medium tips on the shure's i've owned in the past gave a great seal. after a little while trying to get one of the foam style tips off of the tube, the casing of the right headphone fell apart... that kinda pissed me off. so i went to cvs to buy some super glue, and saw these sitting on the shelf for $6.00 

after super gluing the headphone back together, i opened the ear plugs and they had a small hole at the top. so i put a small screwdriver through it and a little cardboard plug thingy popped out the other end. after this they fit perfectly on the tube of the PL-50 and offer a much better seal than any of the included tips.

sorry about the bad pictures. they were taken with the ipod's camera...

Nov 19, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #2 of 9
Nice :D Don't you want to trim the stem down a bit? It makes me feel like you have a wormhole in your ear :p

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #4 of 9
Whoaaaa these are instruments of torture. I used these at a really loud club once, and only once. After that I bought the ER-20.

It also kills the highs. Completely. My SE420 has no highs now. Zero.

Isolation is insane, way better than anything else.

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
Nice :D Don't you want to trim the stem down a bit? It makes me feel like you have a wormhole in your ear :p

Seems like a nice find. but without a trim they look like they'd touch each other in the middle.
etysmile.gif

Nov 20, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
I'd previously cut off a flange, because some idiot decided that quad flanges should have more isolation than triflanges.

They make ok tips, I think i'll try them with a W3 some day.

yeah, i just cut off the top flange. made them a bit more comfy. the high's are just fine, in my opinion.

they look like this now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back