Amazing. My new sr225 with psytrance. Can i ask for more?
Nov 17, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #16 of 30
If you are buying stock rs-2's they will probably have a button and a black grill. If you apply heat to the button (im thinking hair dryer here) i bet you can soften the glue behind them and remove them. I've never done it though, so I'm not 100% sure on that.

Nov 17, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gees... new RS series has got no buttons. I'm using the buttonless version bought in March this year. Burn-in helps them quite a lot.

I stand corrected!

Nov 17, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by phkd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
edit: Buddha's hat? An old, ripped porta-pro pad!

[derail]Looks more like a wicked beard + mullet to me.[/derail]

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Nov 17, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #20 of 30
I would so not want tubes with psytrance - every characteristic of tubes downgrades the felt texture richness of psytrance in every part of the spectrum

Then again, I wouldn't want grados (at all) without tubes

Nov 17, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To the OP: Yeah, Grados rock with Goa and Psy.
biggrin.gif
The same qualities that let them rock distorted heavy metal make them reproduce filtered, squeedly synths very well, and since Psy's usually mixed with a lot of bass to begin with helps out there too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Totally. Have you heard the VA - High Technology Minds from 2006 ? I can't recommend it enough
smile.gif

Quote:

If you are buying stock rs-2's they will probably have a button and a black grill. If you apply heat to the button (im thinking hair dryer here) i bet you can soften the glue behind them and remove them. I've never done it though, so I'm not 100% sure on that.

If i get it off nice. would it affect the sound? i guess not but you never know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gees... new RS series has got no buttons. I'm using the buttonless version bought in March this year. Burn-in helps them quite a lot.

Hmmmmm
confused_face.gif
. Thay look great don't they? wery Raw-ish

Quote:

I stand corrected!

I almost belive you
wink.gif
. Think i have to mail the shop im buying from before i do it and ask. Just love the look of those buttonless blackgrills

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would so not want tubes with psytrance - every characteristic of tubes downgrades the felt texture richness of psytrance in every part of the spectrum

And most people would not buy grado for psytrance
tongue.gif
. But i want no other. Really gives soul to the music

Nov 17, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Listening to Psy Trance on SR325is on all solid-state gear is an exhilarating rush, akin to that time when you were a kid and you thought it'd be a good idea to go down the hill face-first on your toboggan and ended up in the nearest creek.
beyersmile.png

(my nickname for my 325is are "No Pain No Gain"
biggrin.gif
)

Nov 17, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listening to Psy Trance on SR325is on all solid-state gear is an exhilarating rush, akin to that time when you were a kid and you thought it'd be a good idea to go down the hill face-first on your toboggan and ended up in the nearest creek.
beyersmile.png

(my nickname for my 325is are "No Pain No Gain"
biggrin.gif
)

Ooouch. my visa is bleeding already. But in the future im planning a Gilmore Lite for solid state so i guess i will get a good SS for my grados and other phones
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 10:21 AM Post #24 of 30
SS amps are great with the Grado's when they work in pure class A at the output. And it completely doesn't make sense to speculate what the higher end Grados are dedicated for. You have to listen and your eyes will open. Listening electronica on the Sennheisers is in comparison kind of... sadness.

Nov 18, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #26 of 30
Hearing all this makes me feel pleased with my decision
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #27 of 30
I have both RS-1s and AKG701s, and Psytrance is actually something I prefer on the 701s. The bands that I like really make use of the soundstage (Infected Mushroom, for example) and the music has some very interesting directionality that I just can't get out of the Grados.
frown.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vandal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hearing all this makes me feel pleased with my decision
biggrin.gif

And what was your decision?
wink.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ambrosecarr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have both RS-1s and AKG701s, and Psytrance is actually something I prefer on the 701s. The bands that I like really make use of the soundstage (Infected Mushroom, for example) and the music has some very interesting directionality that I just can't get out of the Grados.
frown.gif

I agree with you here. Listening to Infected Mushroom on my Alessandro MS-2 is a delight because I love all the stuff they do with sound location, but little did I know that other headphones take it even further! It something I hadn't heard before but for instance, I was suprised but obviously thrilled when I heard IM on my ESW10, which have more space on their stage (so to speak), than any grados i have heard, and almost as up-front of a presentation. I would be even more thrilled to hear it widen further on something else!

Nov 19, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And what was your decision?
wink.gif

225s
L3000.gif

Great to hear so many likes the grados with this music. I can only remember one thread that states this. well mabey some few here and there but not much at all. It really should.>Boys just want to have fun
regular_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back