Amazing. My new sr225 with psytrance. Can i ask for more?
Nov 15, 2008 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

HippieTom

500+ Head-Fier
Hi folks.

I got my new Grado sr225 tree days ago. Out of the box i put it on and...WHAT? sounded very muddy and strange bass. No comfort problem.Like them better then my akgs on my head.

I went to work that night i got them and put on a big playlist before i went so they could loosen up.
when i came home 10hours later i put on the phones and there i was sitting hour in and hour out. MAN THIS IS AGRESSIVE PHONES. I LOVE IT. with south african psytrance it puches my brain out and dont sound harsch at all. WOW what a punch in my brain.
I did not think i would like grados at all with psy / goa trance. But they are just so perfect for my toetapping needs.

I now offcourse wonder how the RS1 or RS2 (even the GS1000 but then i must save a while
redface.gif
) would be compared to the 225s.

If its possible i want the same as im hearing from the 225s. Same bass, same agressivnes, same trebble, Just a more "quality phone" than the 225 and then i mean the plastic only
regular_smile .gif
."refined" i think is the term.

Can the rs series beat the 225s in agressivnes and handle even more goa/psy trance?

Damn good i found out i was a grado fan so early in the game
wink.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #4 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grado RS2. The best headphones for the Prodigy and related music I ever tried. Weird but true.

Good example. are there more liking the RS2 over RS1 with Prodigy?

Nov 16, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #6 of 30
Yeah. I know. This head-fi curse makes me broke man
biggrin.gif

I really enjoy the 225s.cant belive it could be better than this. So that is making me wonder about the RS's.
I have never heard a Reference HP before and i really like the grado sound. So my goal will be a wood grado some day anyway if im not cured soon. So i would like one that have all that the 225s have + more if possible without taking out the fun agressive sound.
Is the really an "echo" in the rs1?

I have read many treads like always and still comfused with what comes in the box with either of those RS's. and build quality diffrenses?

And can you get them in "exclusive" wood from some sellers? like headphile or something.Just to make it a little more expensive
wink.gif

Many questions in my "perfekt grado head". (cant feel them on my head
tongue.gif
)

Nov 16, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #8 of 30
biggrin.gif
popcorn.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #9 of 30
Hey H.T.

You're starting out with the SR225s and are wondering already? Get out of this place while you still can. You already have the I+ which is a great match for the Grados, especially 225s. Throw some EF92s in there and be done with it.

My birthday is tomorrow and my wife asked me what I wanted and I told her that I had been looking @ the Edition 9s and she said "what's that"? When I showed her and after the usual "another headphone?" bit and she saw the price she advised me to never get off my medication again
biggrin.gif
and made sure I knew that those headphones cost half of our monthly mortgage payment.
confused_face(1).gif

Get out alive....while you still can...............

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #10 of 30
Hi Heatfan. Yes maby i just should calm down and just enjoy my geat setup like it is.I think its perfect now. just buying me some tubes too. sylviana gold maby?

or maby one of these Penguin Warehouse, Inc. - Buy a Pet Penguin Today .sorry kidding
redface.gif

MUST RESIST
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #11 of 30
It's funny, cause I was just listening to some psytrance on my sr-225's when I saw this thread. I have to say, it is a great experience. In the picture are my (modified) SR-225's courtesy of Headphile.com. I would also love to compare the 225's to the upper level grados someday, but till I can afford that, these continue to impress me every time i listen to them.

225.jpg

The cabling has been replaced by him too with a different type of copper. They sound fantastic though, I agree with you!

edit: Buddha's hat? An old, ripped porta-pro pad!

Nov 17, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #12 of 30
VERY nice phkd. Looks great. Listening to slinky wizard now. awsome. so yes. Grado can be very good with fast electric music. The aks are so boring now. But very nice when im into ambient. falling to sleep then
smile.gif

But im still wondering how much better the rs series are?

Psytrance - RS-1 or RS-2 ??? (if sr225 are Perfect, witch RS are PERFECTest-Ish)

Nov 17, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #13 of 30
Let me put in some albums that sounds amazing on my grados.

Various - High Technology Minds 2006 compiled by Dj Android (WOW.my favorite so far)

Trilithon - Trance Dance 128

Guy Sebbag and Gal Carmy - In Trance 1995

Opsis - Time Means Nothing 2002

All south african. : Shift,Artifakt,Multistate,Twisted system etc...

Really punchy and extreme mids that cuts deeep fleshwounds

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #14 of 30
Have done some more reading and have found out that i will go for the RS-2 if i buy woodie next month.
I really hope they come with black buttonless grills.
Can anyone comfirm this?

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:59 PM Post #15 of 30
To the OP: Yeah, Grados rock with Goa and Psy.
biggrin.gif
The same qualities that let them rock distorted heavy metal make them reproduce filtered, squeedly synths very well, and since Psy's usually mixed with a lot of bass to begin with helps out there too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back