Amazing Bay Area Meet 2/19/11 Impressions Thread!
Feb 21, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #80 of 303

Quote:

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't have thought there was an illegal something in a audio equipment.

What I actually meant by "what are these?" was the devices that have the tube on.

Hopefully, Frank will check in to answer your questions. One detail about Frank's amp that's not apparent from the photos -- there's a third box (a power supply behind and b[size=12pt]eneath[/size] the table).

When Frank turns on his amp the mercury vapor tubes generate a bright blue flash.  Standing next to it when it went on, I wasn't sure whether to stand there and admire it or to run!

Feb 21, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #81 of 303

Quote:

When Frank turns on his amp the mercury vapor tubes generate a bright blue flash.  Standing next to it when it went on, I wasn't sure whether to stand there and admire it or to run!

I would run while looking back at the beautiful blue tubes on them. 

The only picture I took, because I couldn't resist a memento of Frank's awesome DIY amp:

Feb 21, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #83 of 303
Just talked to the Doubletree Hotel to settle up and it turns out that we actually had 2000 sq. ft. + the three tables outside!

Hmmm, seems like we could have used even more room? 

Now as it turns out, they do happen to have (2) Jr. Ballrooms that sit right across from each other and which equal a combined 2900 sq. ft.

Could be nice...  

Someone might want to go take a look at those rooms for us and see if it would work well for the next one...just sayin'.  
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #84 of 303
^^ Have you thought about putting your feet up and just relaxing?? 
wink_face.gif

Aready working on the next one. Dude... you're like the Terminator. 
dt880smile.png

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #85 of 303

Quote:

Isn't that what happens when two chunks of plutonium get close enough together to create a critical mass?

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #86 of 303
I was thinking the same thing.
I bet those blue rectifier tubes throw off some serious radiation when they light up!
Instant X-ray's!!! I'll remember to bring my geiger counter if and when I have a chance to get near Frank's table.
basshead.gif

Feb 21, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #87 of 303

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing.
I bet those blue rectifier tubes throw off some serious radiation when they light up!
Instant X-ray's!!! I'll remember to bring my geiger counter if and when I have a chance to get near Frank's table.
basshead.gif

Yeah, I was standing behind bobcn at the time... hiding, using him as a shield. I swear I could see the glow through him. 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back