Am I wimpy?
Mar 18, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #16 of 27
I bought that Sara Bereilles album, after hearing it on a listening post. ...

I forgot that I had it until this thread.
redface.gif
It's okay, I guess - nothing to be ashamed of - but basically you'd better love it first time that you hear it because the songs don't "grow" at all.

Mar 18, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #17 of 27
just out of curiosity, how much does an average cd costs at the states? here in Israel, it costs between 10$-20$ (converted from the local currency)

Mar 18, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #20 of 27
Hello, fellow wimp! I still want to buy the CD with that chick singing on the iPod commercial. So, you're not alone. Oh, I'd like to make her a guilty pleasure... Sorry, that came out really creepy...

Mar 19, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #23 of 27
One-hitter? I don't really think so. First of all, the single from the CD, "Love Song", isn't the best song on the album, and it's being played everywhere on the radio (pop stations). Second, I've heard a song from the CD on my fave college station during their "Coffee House" program, and it fits in nicely with whatever (songs) they put it in between. Third, I've seen video of her playing live, and she's got talent.

Mar 19, 2008 at 2:08 PM Post #24 of 27
Wait a minute... Are all of you just asking me things about Sara Bareilles so I'll defend her and my purchase so you can laugh at me 'til your HD650's fall off your heads?! This reeks of conspiracy
tongue.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #26 of 27
Don't be embarrassed. Buy and listen to whatever you want. Whatever makes you feel the way you want music to make you feel. Conversely, I DIDN'T buy that CD after hearing her on that commercial and on the radio.

Mar 20, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #27 of 27
Hehe, I bought the CD strictly based on the packaging! I was in an exploratory mood one day at Borders and picked this cd up. Glad I did, because I think its fantastic. For a singer/songwriter with no formal training, her songs are witty and clever and boy can she sing. I do agree that some of the versions on youtube are better though. Also, see if you can pick up her (out of print) CD called "Careful Confessions." The audio quality is crap (at least in my version) but she does a few other songs besides the ones on Little Voice and also has different versions of some of the songs on that cd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back