Am I using [still] using the world's oldest earbuds?
Mar 19, 2009 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Snake

Headphoneus Supremus
I thought I had damaged them by using them while riding a motorcycle but last week I found them in a cabinet where I placed them years ago: Panasonic EAH-Z70 2-way bass ported earbuds.

I guess I was wrong: they still work great! I guess I damaged the player and not the cans because they have no problem whatsoever
confused.gif

I bought the cans from Crazy Eddie...and Crazy Eddie closed in 1989!! That makes these earbud cans at LEAST 20 years old! And with the exception of the silk screened-on model designation they look almost as good as new! I even keep them in the original 'spin box' case that they came in.

Does anybody else have earbuds this old still in service? Or am I just that weird?
tongue.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 23
Vintage-fi!

MY oldest working earbud just turns ten yrs-old this year, and oddly it is also a Panasonic, RP-HV600 that is.
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #6 of 23
Vintage audio!

Mar 19, 2009 at 9:37 AM Post #8 of 23
I still have the awesome earbuds that came with the first Gameboy somewhere.

Mar 19, 2009 at 10:00 AM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ClieOS, those are some pretty stylish looking earbuds compare to what's out there today

That was top of the line when it first appeared, competing with Sony MDR-E888 for the world finest. However, it is just about mid-fi in the current earbud market (not including IEM), probably about the same level as PK3. We have Yuin to thank for all the sonic advancement since then.
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by GrooveRite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread is null and void without pictures!

tongue.gif
OK, OK, pics!

cans1.jpg

cans2.jpg

cans3.jpg

cans4.jpg

dual-driver 2-way cans: you only insert the tweeter (the smaller foam pad-covered part) of the bud into your ears, the woofer part (the part with the anodized gold cover) pretty much rests against the pinna. Lightbox pics, sorry for the quality, the camera suxs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back