Am I the only person ever to be dissappointed by the UE-11's?
Feb 21, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by JwangSDC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But i was nowhere near as wowed as I had hoped/expected to me. I guess that's what high expectations do?

I was definitely wowed when I moved from EX71's to E4c's and at least partially wowed moving from e4c's to SE530's...

I've had a very similar upgrade path:

EX71 > ER6 > E2c > E4 > E500

I've sold everything and am seriously considering going UE11. So far, I've not found their customer service to be amazing - sent an email with queries about the UE11s and didn't get a response. I only started getting responses when I emailed Jeanette directly.

joeshambro - how do the LiveWires compare to the UE11s? There's no doubt that the UE11s are better, but if you could maybe offer some comparisons on the bass, mids and treble between the two, that would be much appreciated.

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks like it's a rotate and a rocking to get them in right... here's a video from UE that might help.

FAQ's - Support - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors

As a livewires owner that's quite an interesting vid, looks like the UEs stick out more than the livewires and cover more of the ear, just that the UE's connector is less obvious.

Also, I find it easiest to start by aligning the top part of the earpiece first, then gripping the ear lobe between my thumb and index finger and pulling down, while pushing in the canal part with my middle finger. Seems to work best if i open my jaw first, then wiggle side to side while applying light pressure to the earpieces to get them fully seated.

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As a livewires owner that's quite an interesting vid, looks like the UEs stick out more than the livewires and cover more of the ear, just that the UE's connector is less obvious.

Actually I think they look like they stick out more because they have more drivers. I have seen pictures of both UE11 (quad drivers) and UE5cs (2 drivers), and the UE11 definitely appear larger while the UE5c are much lower profile.

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I think they look like they stick out more because they have more drivers. I have seen pictures of both UE11 (quad drivers) and UE5cs (2 drivers), and the UE11 definitely appear larger while the UE5c are much lower profile.

Even so, without the connectors the LW sit flush inside my ear, all the pics of the UEs i've seen look like they stick out a bit more at the top. Not making anything of it, just an observation.

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even so, without the connectors the LW sit flush inside my ear, all the pics of the UEs i've seen look like they stick out a bit more at the top. Not making anything of it, just an observation.

Yeah now that I think of it, you might be right.

i.e. Chef's UEs. They still look awesome though. I got clears, but sometimes I wish I went for the electric blues.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/3740177-post12.html

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

yea i def need some brain burn in, but i can't help but feel the seal might be off. It was sucha damn pain to get them made sending them back in would be so annoying. i was also unimpressed with their customer support thus far. Making me even more hesitant with dealing with sending them back in.

I got a question for anyone that owns a pair...if when u push the pair in and hold it there the seal is better, does that mean the seal isn't good when you aren't holding them in?

sounds like a fit problem to me, unless you opted for the ambient feature, if that's the case then i'm not sure...and this is the first time i've ever heard of anyone having trouble with UE's customer service. i had no trouble at all with them when i bought my UE 10s and no trouble when i had to have them repaired and am now in the process of making all the decisions for a set of UE 11s and have sent them 5 emails in the past two days and have gotten 6 replies...usually within the hour. i'd give them a call if i were you.

Feb 21, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Not to say they aren't good...they are. But i was nowhere near as wowed as I had hoped/expected to me. I guess that's what high expectations do?

I was definitely wowed when I moved from EX71's to E4c's and at least partially wowed moving from e4c's to SE530's...

I'm still not going to pass judgement yet though becuase there is a small chance it is a fit problem....also I obviously need a better source. My a816 is out of town and i've only been using my computer with Xi-fi card..

coincidentally I LOVE the cable that came with them. I was fully expecting to hate it from comments I read on here and was all set to purchase a westone one. I guess that's what low expectations do...haha

Dude,
Get Ultimate Ears on the phone and explain your issue to them, if you look at my signature you can see that I have gone through a similar upgrade path and I can truly say that you should expect a superior sound out of the UE-11’s.

The Shure E500/SE530’s are good, but they are no match for the UE-11, there is obviously something wrong and you should speak with the folks that can help you.

Feb 22, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #26 of 26
I'd hang in there and try to get the fit resolved. I understand how frustrating it is to keep sending them in, but remember that you paid over $1k for them. I would not rest until the fit is perfect.

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back