Am I the Head-Fi King of DAPs?
Jul 31, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #46 of 74
No, but your AKG collection is quite impressive.
cool.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #49 of 74
Aren't the old iriver's just amazing players?

I love my h120. To bad its guaranteed to die. Can't get them off ebay anymore either, so I'm basically screwed when it dies. All the player's today suck.

Jul 31, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #50 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my h120. To bad its guaranteed to die. Can't get them off ebay anymore either, so I'm basically screwed when it dies. All the player's today suck.

That's why I bought 2 when that Ebay place in Mountain View California was selling a couple of hundred last year that were bought from a distibutor that went out of business in Europe.

They cost $179 while other E-Bay-er's were selling them for $300 used due to supply and demand (capitalism at it's best).

I'm having a hard time deciding which I like better...the Iriver using optical out into a MicroDac and one of my amps, or the 5.5G Vinnie modded Ipod with Ken's cable into an amp.

Obviously the iMod and portable amp take up considerably less space and 2 less 9 Volts.

Jul 31, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #51 of 74
Hmm, I don't have 11 but I personally have 3, my wife 1 more and we've had 2 others in the house until they died, so that totals 4 for two people currently in use, and yes I use my three ipods every single day.

Jul 31, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #52 of 74
DAPs I currently own:

iRiver iHP-140 -- this became my main player after I lost my 4G iPod over a year ago.
iRiver H140 NOS -- I got it as a backup and it hasn't been opened yet.
Creative Zen V Plus x2 -- one for my son and one for me/family member (TBD)

Aaron, have you tried using your H120 with full size DACs? It's sounds fantastic.

Jul 31, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #53 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aaron, have you tried using your H120 with full size DACs? It's sounds fantastic.

Yes, I've used it with a Toslink to mini on both the Transporter digital in, and the Headroom Desktop with the upgraded module.

When it's not raining, and you have more green lights than red in your travels...life can be good!

Jul 31, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #54 of 74
Great collection!
I only have two DAP's (iPod nano and 5G iPod)...

Jul 31, 2007 at 7:45 AM Post #55 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know this is excessive and ridiculous (have no idea how it got this way) but I noticed that I (with the new iMods) have an awful lot of mp3 palyers.
So that makes 11.

this is sort of like an AA meeting
tongue.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 7:53 AM Post #56 of 74
OP, you need an Archos to top that collection off. Snag the 605 when it comes out.

Jul 31, 2007 at 7:55 AM Post #57 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fixed.

I just noticed your sig. When did you cross over to the dark side, and why do you have so many already?

Jul 31, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #59 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Barry Bonds: 754 down, 2 to go

ot, i hope they either walk or plunk this nasty, cheating, overpaid sob for the rest of the season. he does not deserve to be mentioned next to such a hard working, honest, decent baseball star such as mr. aaron! i, for one, will be quite glad when arod surpasses bond!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back