Am I the Head-Fi King of DAPs?
Jul 29, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #20 of 74
One Creative Nomad Jukebox (the original version, which I got in 2001).

I'm quite the opposite of you.
tongue.gif

Jul 29, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #21 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah but who's king of having the longest working DAP? I've been using this Sony NW-HD3 for 3 years but I'm sure theres some guys with Rio Karmas that have been going for even longer
blink.gif

That MAY have been me until about 3-4 months ago. I had a Creative Nomad II (it took Smart Media Cards) that my son was using. I gave it away to another Head-Fi'er and it was still working fine.

But to top that off, I just ran into an acquaintance, to whom I had sold the REAL old Creative Jukebox. Y'know, the one that looked liked a PCDP? It had a 6Gig (2.5" I believe) HDD in it, which was just huge for the time.

We were chatting a tiny bit, and he said he still had that unit, his wife was using it at home while she read, and it's still working OK.

As for what else I have as of right now, there's 3 HDD-basede iPods (40Gig Gen 4 photo, 30Gig Gen 5 video, and 80Gig video), a Samsung T9 (2G), Sansa 280 w/2G micro-SD card, iPod Nano 2nd Gen 8Gig, Creative Zen V Plus 2Gig, and a Sandisk e130 w.512M built in and an SD slot.

EDIT: D'oh! Forgot my iRiver H120....packed away I have only used it like 4 times. It was planned for a digital out to DAC based system that never appeared.

Not bad for someone who hardly uses DAP's
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Jul 29, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #22 of 74
I only have 2. One that works (Cowon 30gb X5L), and one that doesn't (Creative Nomad Zen Xtra 30gb). The Creative technically died during a firmware upgrade during a HDD upgrade. For some reason the sucker powered down while I was flashing the firmware. It will still power up, but will no longer connect to my computer, nor boot into it's OS. Original battery and HDD still running fine after 3 years. That player was built like a tank!

Jul 30, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #23 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Btw, wouldn't PCDP's also be considered DAP's?

No PCDP's. That's a whole 'nother thread.
blink.gif

Sans minidisc players, too.

Jul 30, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #25 of 74
I have had three,

Creative Muvo Slim 256MB (headphone jack stayed true to its heritage and died, but it still does my bidding as a flash drive and digital recorder)

iPod Nano 1G 2GB
iPod Nano 2G 4GB (free with the apple education promo)

edit: Oh and I forgot! For a short while, a couple weeks, I had a 2G iPod mini, which I returned and exchanged for the then just released nano. It was my first introduction to apple products, and it was just an amazing piece of technology. I remember how the screen had such a slow response time that it became a blur of smeared letters when you scrolled through songs, and how it could never skip songs as fast as you could press the button.

Jul 30, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #27 of 74
DAPs:

Ipod 10 Gig 2nd gen.
iriver IHP-120
iriver IHP-140
Sony Pocket Vaio
iRiver Clix 2 Gig
Olympus mRobe 20 Gig
Philips DAP 2 Gig
Sensa e260
Archos 404

Jul 30, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #29 of 74
I have 3, in order of acquiring them

Rio Cali - 3 years old next week and still works fine. I use it mostly for the radio now.

40G 4g iPod with a hard drive that is failing.

80G 5.5g iPod that I listen to every day either commuting or working around the house.

I would like a larger hard drive.

Jul 30, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #30 of 74
Sorry, but Austonia is easily the Head-Fi King of DAPs.

You'll have to start a website to complete with him.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back