Am I taking a chance on a "refurbished" Amperior????
Jan 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #31 of 43
...I also figure that if anything happened to them along the way the company would replace them no questions asked. That's what I would expect anyway.

That's what I figured but then I thought about it and realized that shipping damage is NEVER covered by the the company that sold the product. It's covered by, and the responsibility, of the shipping company. How'd you like to have to sort through that mess? USPS would certainly want to see proof that the item was abused in transit and that is was packed properly in the first place. This practice that VMinnovations is engaging in is so absurd and unusual I don't think most people have considered the implications of what they are doing. If there is damage I think it will be the customer who is left holding the bag , and it was that realization that pissed me off.

Jan 24, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #32 of 43
Quote:

Roma do you have the MDR-1R,Momentum or HD25II's so you can picture any of them next to the Amperior? I am curious about the looks right next to each other.  

I don't have the Momentum but I'll post a photo tonight of what I do have :)

Quote:
That's what I figured but then I thought about it and realized that shipping damage is NEVER covered by the the company that sold the product. It's covered by, and the responsibility, of the shipping company. How'd you like to have to sort through that mess? USPS would certainly want to see proof that the item was abused in transit and that is was packed properly in the first place. This practice that VMinnovations is engaging in is so absurd and unusual I don't think most people have considered the implications of what they are doing. If there is damage I think it will be the customer who is left holding the bag , and it was that realization that pissed me off.

Well let's just hope no one has to go through that. I still think it was packaged fine overall but a box would certainly help just in case.

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #33 of 43
[quote name="roma101" url="/t/644630/am-i-taking-a-chance-on-a-refurbished-amperior/30#post_9091457"
Well let's just hope no one has to go through that. I still think it was packaged fine overall but a box would certainly help just in case.
[/quote]

I guess you've never seen what happens on a loading dock. You think the platic bag VMinnovations packs the headphones in would protect them from a 25lb box dropped on them or from being crushed by a pile of boxes that shifts in transit... or someone stepping on them... or them falling off the top of an 8' stack of boxes onto a concrete floor or etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc?

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #34 of 43
Roma do you have the MDR-1R,Momentum or HD25II's so you can picture any of them next to the Amperior? I am curious about the looks right next to each other.  

Just thought I'd mention I actually compared the Momentums (which I got for a great price) back to back with the Amperiors. It was "no contest". The Momentums are more comfortable, look pretty and sound pretty (for casual listening) but... the Amperior is a serious audio "tool" that is revealing enough for a sound engineer. Personally, it wasn't even close. I want/need to hear the recording. I don't want "pretty" at the expense of accuracy. One of the areas where the Amperiors absolutely kicked the Momentum's butt was in terms of punch and rhythm. Also, while they were both designed with portable sources in mind, the Amperiors are significantly more efficient than the Momentums (and so work even better with a portable source).

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #35 of 43
Quote:
Just ordered, it will be months before i get them. I shipped them to US but i am in Venezuela. A relative may bring them down to my country when they get here. I am bit concerned about the packaging, i hope the seller has taken measures to guarantee the "safety" of the purchase. Will keep posted.

Glad to know the headphone is Ok.
I was between an HD 25-II,AKG 550 and even the Sony MDR-1R. Was almost spending $250ish average, happy to get Amperiors for $160 even if it wasn't at my plans.

Here you go:

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #36 of 43
Quote:
Here you go:

Thank You 
size]

I am glad i took the Amperiors, they seem no slouch in the looks department. They look much better than the HD 25II with the blue cups, i even dig them more than the M80s.
From the pic:

1. Sony MDR-1R. In Silver/Brown these look fantastic imho.
2. Senn Amperiors
3. V-Modas M80
4. Senn HD25II

Had 8 years with my Grado's SR80. Can't wait to get the hands on my new phones!!! Thanks for the pic,i am glad of my choice they look great.

For portable i was between $250 MDR-1R or $160 Amperiors. 
Anything must be good!!!! 8 years.... i needed a change from my Grado's. Gonna take good care of them. Bummer that i have to still wait about a month or so until they arrive home.

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #37 of 43
Does anyone know if the earcup "swivel" on the strap can be tightened so that it  doesn't move so easily? I suspect that the blue cover cap can pop off  so the swivel can be tightened but I don't want to force it  and not be able to get it back on. 

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #38 of 43
I just received my amperiors finally in Venezuela. I noticed that the cord is extremely short.......... what can i do? I come from some Grados SR80 with a long cord. They also sound quite different than my bright Grado's.... how much is the burn time??

Received them in perfect shape, loving the looks,feel and built quality.!

Edit: Just find the bag with the extra cables and the user guide. :)
Phew.

Mar 23, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #42 of 43
I just received my amperiors finally in Venezuela. I noticed that the cord is extremely short.......... what can i do? I come from some Grados SR80 with a long cord. They also sound quite different than my bright Grado's.... how much is the burn time??

Received them in perfect shape, loving the looks,feel and built quality.!

Edit: Just find the bag with the extra cables and the user guide. :)
Phew.

Bag? I didn't get a bag. Boo :frowning2:

Jul 6, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #43 of 43
Not to necro a thread that's *too* old, but refurbished Sennheiser HD Amperiors @VMInnovations are down to $136.99 (in Blue) and $147.99 (in Silver).  At that price, I couldn't pass them up.  I had an extra 5% off coupon from a previous refurb purchase that brought the price down $130. I know that there are 2% off coupons around (ex: SAVE2) to bring the price lower.

I assume that they'll still do the same envelope shipping and have the standard Sennheiser 90 day warranty. I purchased my Momentums from them refurbished before, and they were completely new with case and all accessories, but still shipped in the same bag pictured above. Can't wait til they get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back