Am I taking a chance on a "refurbished" Amperior????
Jan 10, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #16 of 43
I'm just a little surprised about the reduced warrantee. My only experience with refurbished electronics has been with Apple and they are so confident in their refurbs that they provide a full warrantee and the packaging is exactly the same. In fact I would go so far as to say that an Apple refurb is probably an even safer bet than a new one because of the thorough testing they go through.

Jan 10, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #17 of 43
Quote:
I'm just a little surprised about the reduced warrantee. My only experience with refurbished electronics has been with Apple and they are so confident in their refurbs that they provide a full warrantee and the packaging is exactly the same. In fact I would go so far as to say that an Apple refurb is probably an even safer bet than a new one because of the thorough testing they go through.

I think you pretty much pay for that full warranty with Apple... The refurbished discount is usually less than 20%, and at that price I'd hope they cover it as well as they cover a new item. If you're looking for a 15-20% discount on headphones, that's pretty easy to locate on brand new with full warranty (and not so likely on Apple products). These are priced < 50% of the original MSRP. 

*Edit: I do agree that they could do better on the warranty than 3 months. If we're talking half price then how about half warranty (1 year) to match? It's not ideal but for me the price point and the replaceable parts sold it.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #18 of 43
If I bought a used one I'd be looking to pay about half price (with a little more risk involved). I'm picking mine up tomorrow so we'll see. 

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #19 of 43
I just got mine and they seem OK but... does anyone know if the the left rotating earpiece can be tightened so that it can't move (or is hard to move).  

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #20 of 43
I'm not at all impressed with VMinnovations and it's unlikely that I will ever buy from them again. How much would it have taken to throw these headphones in a 5 cent cardboard box to give them at least a little protection and how stupid do you have to be to think that sending expensive and easily damaged electronics in an envelope is appropriate. If I had of known that I'd be risking that my headphones would survive a trip across country in the care of USPS with virtually nothing to protect them (and without so much as a fragile label) I'd have though twice about saving $40 doing business with such a idiotic outfit. 

P.s. The way the Amperiors were shipped is a stupid move for everyone involved. If I had to needlessly go through the song an and dance of a return I'd be pissed. If VMinnovations had to put the time, effort and cost into a replacement they'd reducing what is probably already a thin profit margin and Sennheiser would have wasted a perfectly good product. 

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #21 of 43
Quote:
I'm not at all impressed with VMinnovations and it's unlikely that I will ever buy from them again. How much would it have taken to throw these headphones in a 5 cent cardboard box to give them at least a little protection and how stupid do you have to be to think that sending expensive and easily damaged electronics in an envelope is appropriate. If I had of known that I'd be risking that my headphones would survive a trip across country in the care of USPS with virtually nothing to protect them (and without so much as a fragile label) I'd have though twice about saving $40 doing business with such a idiotic outfit. 

No ****, Every Time I've bought there they ship in a box.

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #23 of 43
Like I said, the refurbs are fine but be aware that these headphones are going to shipped through the mail in a envelope with no protection at all (other than thin layer of bubble wrap). It nothing more than pure luck that mine weren't damage and if others got theirs without damage that also pure luck. Just because someone else win's the "lottery" that doesn't mean you will and, be clear, this is a flat out lottery. More importantly, I'd hate to imagine what kind of nightmare you'd have to go through if your headphones do get damaged in shipping. Sennheiser certainly won't be covering this with their warranty and proving that damage occurred during shipping going to be on you. I don't even know who you'd have to try and get compensation from if this happened. Most of the time people don't have to deal with that problem because the item being shipped is appropriately packaged. IMO dealing with this company is just asking for trouble.

P.S. That reminds me that I have give those idiots a piece of my mind on the "feedback" form they sent me.

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #24 of 43
Just ordered, it will be months before i get them. I shipped them to US but i am in Venezuela. A relative may bring them down to my country when they get here. I am bit concerned about the packaging, i hope the seller has taken measures to guarantee the "safety" of the purchase. Will keep posted.

Glad to know the headphone is Ok.
I was between an HD 25-II,AKG 550 and even the Sony MDR-1R. Was almost spending $250ish average, happy to get Amperiors for $160 even if it wasn't at my plans.

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #25 of 43
I hope I was clear that it was my MVInnovations purchase that I was unhappy with. I'm sure a refurb bought on Amazon would be properly packaged for the rigors of shipping.

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #26 of 43
I received my Amperior today from MVInnovatios.  They were shipped in a plastic envelope. The headphones were wrapped in bubble wrap. Headphones are fine and so far are working fine.  You pay for what you get.  I got these for $160. They're refurbished.  There is 90 warranty from Sennheiser.  Also note that  MVInnovations included with my purchase a Buy-Safe guarantee at no cost to me.  "buySAFE Guarantee Program" t@buysafe.com    
I'm happy with the purchase.  Headphone should have been shipped in a box for protection.

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #27 of 43
Quote:
... You pay for what you get. 

It seems one more person got lucky that no dropped a box on their headphones during shipment, or stepped on them or dropped them or etc etc etc. As far as paying for what you get how much would it cost to put these in a paper box? Can you imagine the hassle if there would have been damage? That wouldn't be a straight "I'm not happy with my purchase return" and returning a damaged product opens up a HUGE can of worms as to who is liable. 

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #28 of 43
Mine's arrived yesterday. I think they arrived in perfect shape in my cousin's house. I haven't contacted him so.. i hope to know in a few days.

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #29 of 43
Mine arrived yesterday as well and they were in good shape. While I understand the grievances of them not being shipped in a box, I didn't mind so much since these headphones are built like a tank and the packaging was good. I also figure that if anything happened to them along the way the company would replace them no questions asked. That's what I would expect anyway.

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #30 of 43
Quote:
Mine arrived yesterday as well and they were in good shape. While I understand the grievances of them not being shipped in a box, I didn't mind so much since these headphones are built like a tank and the packaging was good. I also figure that if anything happened to them along the way the company would replace them no questions asked. That's what I would expect anyway.

Roma do you have the MDR-1R,Momentum or HD25II's so you can picture any of them next to the Amperior? I am curious about the looks right next to each other.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back