Am I really possibly the youngest Head-Fi Member thats active???!
Sep 28, 2007 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 88

Baines93

Headphoneus Supremus
Many people have said to me "wow you must be the youngest here"

Just wondering if i actually am, i am 14......

Maybe Jude could clarify this for me/us.....

I love it, but i cant always afford what i want, well i can, just cant fully justify it, as i dont know if i will notice a difference (which generally i think i would, just worried) And parents are another problem, many peole think im mad.....but hey, its kind of like my hobby!

etysmile.gif

-= Matt =-

Sep 28, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #2 of 88
Oh man. You're starting early. Don't know about across the pond, but by the time I was your age, I had a part time job, and was buying my own crap. Might want to consider it if its possible. It's a heck of an expensive hobby to get into.
Luckily, I have many other hobbies to suck up my money so that I don't spend too much on any single one. Although I do have a pair of $1K speakers sitting next to me still in the box. (Don't want to muss the finish. Can't risk it the way I have things set up currently.)
And to note, you WILL notice the difference when you start to experience slightly more quality equipment. And then it just goes off from there.

Sep 28, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #6 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love it, but i cant always afford what i want, well i can, just cant fully justify it, as i dont know if i will notice a difference (which generally i think i would, just worried) And parents are another problem, my dad thinks im mad.....but hey, its my hobby!

You might want to let your dad see the resale value of certain items in the for sale forums... this got my girlfriend off my back.

Sep 28, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #8 of 88
I remember seeing other members around your age. Not sure if they are very active though.
Head-Fi sure is open to members of all ages, from 13 to 70+ (ken36 do you hear me?
wink.gif
)...

You have a long time on Head-Fi in front of you. Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #9 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We're gonna have to put together an equipment fund for you; most of us are grown men (and women) and can barley afford this stuff.

Please!! I only want i J Seaber CMoy and a Zen Vision M LOD, then if i like the sound the cmoy gives,

after christmas, when i have some money, i will hopefully get:
a soundcard, ->
a headphone splitter,(for speakers, and 3.5mm to cmoy in)->
er6i sounding closed cans, with the CMoy, to make them warm like the er6i's will be (hopefully), and then use bass boost on the very few songs i like that need lots of clear bass.

Hopefully for xmas i will get a 22" monitor, and maybe a 500gb disk!

At the moment i use my 7.1 surround Trust 640u headset, set to headphones / my er6i's with on board sound that crackles.....i have a fully speced gaming pc, just the software does the 7.1 dolby so i didnt need a good souncard till i came here!!!
evil_smiley.gif

-= Matt =-

Sep 28, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #10 of 88
When I started out 3 years ago, I was 14 as well. Now I am 18 (joined month before my 15th b-day) and far not the youngest here. Just get a job and don't spend money on useless things.

Sep 28, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #12 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many people have said to me "wow you must be the youngest here"

Just wondering if i actually am, i am 14......

Maybe Jude could clarify this for me/us.....

I love it, but i cant always afford what i want, well i can, just cant fully justify it, as i dont know if i will notice a difference (which generally i think i would, just worried) And parents are another problem, my dad thinks im mad.....but hey, its my hobby!

etysmile.gif

-= Matt =-

Very rarely is one the oldest or youngest (as people inevitably age, although that fact is beside the point) on any website with a number of registered members approaching six figures, and Head-Fi is no exception. I know of at least one 13 year old who remains active on these boards, and I would venture to guess that still younger members have joined or will join by means of Google searching or word of mouth (from parents); while others might simply be reluctant to reveal their age in public.

Sep 28, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #14 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We once had a member that was 13.

He turned 14 though
tongue.gif

I joined in August 2005 and I think I must have been 12 back then... But now I'm 14
smily_headphones1.gif

There seems to be a reasonable sized group of 14 year olds on this forum (about 6 that I know of).

It's the same with me about having to try justify purchases, mostly to myself. But since I realize that pretty much all the extra purchases I've made (Like a DAC) haven't really made THAT MUCH of a difference, I've decided to just leave everything and not buy anything else to do with headphones. Also, the fact that I don't even listen to music that much means that there's probably no point O_O

Sep 28, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #15 of 88
You might be interested in reading through this thread as well, which was also started by a fellow highschooler, if finding similarly aged Head-Fi'ers is your thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back