Am I normal? :p Looking for decent CHEAP sound card
Apr 22, 2010 at 3:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

n-ster

100+ Head-Fier
By the 1st week I join, I've already spent over 100$ on new headphones (Creative Aurvana Live!
jecklinsmile.gif
and KSC75.... curse canadian prices making me buy from US and pay abominable shipping)... and now another 50-100$ on a sound card. Am I normal?
confused_face.gif
Yea, thanks for the wallet warnings, but this isn't good lol... Especially since Tech Power Up! forums made me spend 1400$ on a new comp too!

So to add to my expenses, I am looking for a good bang/buck sound card... soft cap 50$ hard cap 100$, from canada or US

Uses? gaming and music of course... say 35% gaming 65% music... or is my onboard audio not too bad (I doubt it)? (AsRock Extreme x58; Realtek ALC890)

The cheaper the better, remember! I am hoping to spend below 60$ CAD shipped to me

Sound stage, treble and accurate bass are important to me... I think xD

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #2 of 21
You can get a Soundblaster Audigy 2 card on ebay for $30-50. It's what I'm using, has great sound quality. Granted I don't have really high quality phones, but I can definitely tell a difference between it and on board.

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kukuk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can get a Soundblaster Audigy 2 card on ebay for $30-50. It's what I'm using, has great sound quality. Granted I don't have really high quality phones, but I can definitely tell a difference between it and on board.

I second that, I'm using a Creative Audigy 2ZS platinum pro, I run my HD650's off it when I'm lazy, and it runs them VERY WELL.
if you want, I have a creative audigy 2zs platinum I'm not gonna use, I installed it in a case and never finished building the computer, if you're interested, let me know, it is installed, but new. (you'll need an open cd bay slot) Ebay id; PhylTeach612

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #5 of 21
This is why;
DSC02401.jpg

The front interface panel. YES that is a FRONT SIDE HEADPHONE JACK with VOLUME CONTROL, it is 1/4 in so you'll need an adapter for smaller phones
It comes with a remote too.

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #7 of 21
yes you're normal. I got a subscription to Maximum PC as a gift this Christmas and now I've put aside 3K for a custom build and I've already bought like 2/3 of the parts. I'm so weak.
frown.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #10 of 21
PM me your full address, so I can get a shipping quote, we'll see how much shipping will be before we go any further. I live in Pasadena, California USA

Apr 22, 2010 at 7:02 AM Post #12 of 21
you're willing to spend plenty on a computer that depreciates at breakneck speeds, but you're not willing to spend or "invest" 100 on a dac...

welcome to head-fi, hope your priorities change in the near future.
smile.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 7:04 AM Post #13 of 21
Blu. is the one with the 3k computer build lol... I ONLY spent like 1300$...

Blu., the GTX 480 would be an unwise choice... I'll PM you later when I find time, if I forget, PM me... I' good at building comps
biggrin.gif

sure I'll PM you the address

Users who are viewing this thread

Back