AM/FM radio?
Aug 9, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #2 of 4
Well, there isn't really a better and worse there. What terminal to choose on your receiver/tuner simply depends on the design of the antenna (e.g. what kind of resonator it is (like full lambda, half lambda et cetera)), how it's connected and, if applicable, also how it's integrated into the antenna system and cabling of a house.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Aug 9, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #3 of 4
It depends more on the antenna's shape and whether it is placed where it can "see" a signal. Other stuff matters, too, like if there are hills, buildings or other obstructions that can cause the signal to scatter. Even a random length wire placed the right way can do better than a fancy one not set up well.

I don't know if they still make it, but Radio Shack has a nice FM Yagi for about $30. It's external, but your roof is a good place to catch a FM signal. If you have a good antenna and a nice tuner, FM sounds really good. It doesn't have the bandwidth of CD or vinyl, but a clean broadcast can get the mids right. A lot of nights, I like to dial in the local jazz station on a Scott 350B. Sounds good and I love the overnight DJ.

Aug 9, 2008 at 1:44 AM Post #4 of 4
yeah, I've got a few local stations that are good for relaxing with; I was just curious to increase the quality of what I've got going into my reciever a little, went to Radio Shack today, they have next to nothing in terms of antennas, and none of them can be connected to my reciever's AM/FM connectors, so, I guess I'll keep looking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back