Alternatives to Westone ES2s?
Mar 11, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by probedb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That could've been it
smily_headphones1.gif
Not to worry, I'm going get some ACS molds done on pay day. I may go mad from not having my UM2s while they do them tho as I have no other phones
wink.gif

You won't be without your UM2 while your custom sleeves are made.

ACS have already got a UM2/3x jig so you don't need to send them your earphones. They only require you to send your earphones in if you have something completely new obscure that they haven't worked with before.

Once you send them your ear impressions they take about 1 - 2 weeks to send you your custom sleeves and they just slide onto UM2.

I'm hoping to get hold of a digital camera over the weekend so that I can take some pictures of my custom sleeves to post on this forum.

Mar 11, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by TCD1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You won't be without your UM2 while your custom sleeves are made.

ACS have already got a UM2/3x jig so you don't need to send them your earphones. They only require you to send your earphones in if you have something completely new obscure that they haven't worked with before.

Once you send them your ear impressions they take about 1 - 2 weeks to send you your custom sleeves and they just slide onto UM2.

I'm hoping to get hold of a digital camera over the weekend so that I can take some pictures of my custom sleeves to post on this forum.

OK cheers for that, just double checking as the email I got from ACS said otherwise. I've emailed again asking for confirmation.

Thanks for all the help on this btw!

Paul.

Mar 11, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #18 of 21
No worries.

I'm not sure why ACS would tell you that you need to send them your UM2. They've got a list of earphones that they can already provide custom sleeves for on their website and the UM2 is listed as one of them. For earphones that are not listed you may need to send them your pair so that they can produce a new jig.

When I got a pair of sleeves made for my UM3x I told ACS that I wanted custom sleeves made for a pair of UM2, for which they already have a jig, as I know it shares the same body as the UM3x so it seemed the simplest thing to do

Anyway, as far as ACS were concerned they were making sleeves for a pair of UM2 and they didn't require me to send in the earphones. I'm sure if you double check with them they'll confirm that they won't need yours either.

Mar 11, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #19 of 21
Excellent, I started mentioning my ES49s and UM56s so maybe that led to confusion.

I just had a reply from Hank at Westone about the pricing. I agree to a point with what he was saying about costs, i.e. insured delivery, VAT etc but even that added up to less than from Variphone as their price excluded taxes. I said I'd stick with them for non custom stuff but the custom stuff is way to expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back